.iii

—CHAPTER 3—
THE FREAK

November 8, 1983Judith Edwards•

November 8, 1983
Judith Edwards

As the rain fell, the random girl sat cold in Mikes basement. Judith sat on a chair close to the seat, holding a baseball bat is caution.

"Is there a number we can call? For your parents?" Mike asked, worried for the girls wellbeing.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked as him and Lucas stood next to Mike, examining her. Judith hit Dustin lightly with the bat.

"Dustin, you can't just ask people if they have cancer... but do you have cancer?" Judith stated, then asked and looked towards the anonymous girl.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike asked.

"Is that blood?" Lucas asked once again and brought his hand close to the shirt.

"Stop it, you're freaking her out!" Mike yelled and whacked Lucas's hand away.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas retaliated, and pointed at the odd female.

"I bet she's deaf!" Dustin stopped them and clapped close to her face, as she jumped up in surprise. "Not deaf."

"Okay that doesn't even make sense, if she was deaf you wouldn't have proved anything!" Judith rolled her eyes, Dustin gasping.

"I just did, I literally just did. She jumped, she's not deaf!" He replied, doing it again as El jumped again.

"No, she clearly sees you lunging. Anyone jumps if you lunge at them, deaf or not!" The girl kept arguing, the leader of the four grabbing onto both Judith and Dustin.

"All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold." Mike announced and ran to the laundry bin to get her clothes, as she jumped up scared from the loud thunder. "Here, these are clean, okay?"

As Mike handed her the sweatpants and navy shirt, she had stood up and tried to take the shirt off in front of them as they all screamed for her to stop.

"See, over there? That's the bathroom. Privacy, get it?" Mike asked as he pointed. Mike walked with her, as Judith stood up and followed the two.

As Mike tried to close the door, the girl otherwise known as Eleven was quick to stop it. "You don't want it closed?"

"No."