.xv

— CHAPTER FIFTEEN —

October, 1984Judith Edwards•

October, 1984
Judith Edwards

The girl smiled as she looked in the mirror after putting in various butterfly hair clips in, deciding to look extra pretty for the nice occasion. She looked behind her in the mirror, gasping as she saw a figure standing there, "..scary much?"

"Sorry, your dad told me you're not wearing your costume... what's up with that? Aren't you dressing up with the boys like always? I got your costume ready." Judith's mom asked, walking over to take a seat on the corner of her bed.

"No.. they were discussing it but I mean... we're in eighth grade now, eighth graders don't dress up for Halloween at school." Judith shook her head, watching as her mother extended her arm to reach for her daughter.

Not even a slight smile was let out as Judith walked right past her, "Late for school."

Quickly riding her bike, she showed up and parked her bike as she saw Will already waiting, looking him up and down and trying to hide her expression... "Morning, Egon!"

"Jude... where's your costume?" He asked with a noticeable frown on his face. The girl tilted her head and realized that they were all indeed going to wear the costumes to school.

Before she could respond, both her and Will turned to spot three boys singing the theme song which the boy would quickly finish, "Ghostbusters!"

"Hey, Spengler!" Mike yelled, getting off his bike.

"Egon!! Yeah!— Venkman!" Will giggled, all of them giving each other hugs as Judith walked up to them too, then raising an eyebrow.

"Wait.. two Venkmans?" She asked, the four boys quieting down and all turned to look at their own nametags.

Mike grabbing Lucas so that they could face each other, "Woah, woah.. why are you Venkman?"

"Because I'm Venkman?"

"No— I'm Venkman."

Will rolled his eyes at the boys who were arguing not even after eight in the morning, "Why can't there be two Venkmans?"

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life! We planned this months ago when Jude told us she didn't want to dress up?" Mike raised his voice, "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon— and you're Winston!"

"I specifically didn't agree to Winston." Lucas argued, shaking his head.

"Yes, you did!" Mike groaned.