.xiv

— CHAPTER FOURTEEN —

October, 1984Judith Edwards•

October, 1984
Judith Edwards

"Judith, you have an addiction. Your mother and I have decided to cut you off of your quarter diet." Judith's father sat her down, as she laughed.

"Ha ha, very funny dad. The boys want to meet me at the arcade soon and we are all racking up on quarters, you know I just want to have a bit of fun while I can. It's not everyday you get to be a kid, right, Mr. I got a girl knocked up at eighteen."

Her dad stood up to argue, but Judith already ran out the door, walking in hand as she mounted her bicycle.

"Lucas, you copy? I've got four quarters. What's your haul?" Dustin asked, getting an immediate response from Lucas.

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five."

"How?"

"While you were scrunching around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn." Lucas teased.

"You two are both weak compared to my amount. Being a daddy's girl while also trying to gain your moms forgiveness is just a scream for plenty of quarters." Judith interrupted their discussion.

"I wish I was a girl." Dustin sighed.

"You basically are, just call Mike already."

"You call Mike."

"You call Mike! I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man! Over and out."

"You guys are so annoying, I will swing by his house in a little. You guys are such children, I swear." Judith rolled her eyes, changing the station.

"Mike, do you copy? Mike..?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I copy."

"What the hell are you doing on this channel?"

"Nothing."

"The boys and I have nine bucks total, what's your haul?"

"Shit! I don't know yet."

"What do you mean you don't know yet?"

"Hold on. Call Will."

"Fine, but I am literally by your house." Judith groaned, contacting Will this time, as he answered.

"Eight quarters, I'll be there soon."

"You got it!" Judith smirked, and then put the walkie talkie in her basket as she saw Mike run outside of his house.

Nancy was chasing him, as she raised her eyebrows.

"Lets go!" Mike yelled at her, the two hurriedly wheeling to the arcade.

Along the way, the two met up with Lucas and Dustin and arrived at the arcade. They then all hurriedly parked their bikes, and turned to hear the honk from Joyce and Will. Judith smiled, waving at the boy who arrived.