.vii

—CHAPTER 7—
JEXICA

November 10, 1983Judith Edwards•

November 10, 1983
Judith Edwards

     "Byers' body was found in the water of this quarry by state police earlier this evening. It was discovered by state trooper David O'Bannon, just after dark. The state police are mounting an investigation to determine Byers' cause of death but initial inquiry—"

Judith turned around to see her father holding the remote, his finger on the off button. The girl furrowed her eyebrows and stood up. "I was watching that."

"I don't think you should be." Liam replied to his daughter, speaking to her in a gentle tone.

"Daddy, it's not fair. Will got twelve years on this world and the news channel doesn't even have the decency to say his first name. It's so stupid, and this whole 'you're important' thing is really just a dirty filthy lie that people are trying to feed us kids!" Judith yelled, and ran into her room. The girl locked the door and threw herself on her bed, and making herself into a sad burrito with the covers.

Her father decided that speaking to his little girl wasn't what he should do as of now, she needed space. Alisha, his ex wife, had always been the one to take care of these situations. Of course, the worst thing that happened back then was her bunny dying.

Judith got up and looked at herself in the mirror. She was pretty, young, and although one pesky tooth hasn't grown in all the way, she liked her smile. Judith was beautiful, so how come she's so upset? The girl absolutely hated being sad, but she couldn't help it.

How come, after being perfect, did her mother still leave? And how come the one person she never thought would leave, did? Laying alone under her covers, the girl sadly stared at the ceiling all night, and passed it as sleep.

҉

"Jude, I'm going to work but I don't want you to even think about leaving this house. I want you to relax and maybe watch some cartoons. Even going back to sleep." Judith's dad closed the fridge and sipped on his coffee, while Judith munched on her cereal.

"Not like I got much sleep anyways." The girl shrugged. Liam sighed and kissed her forehead, grabbing his keys and leaving. Judith rolled her eyes at the normal routine and picked up her dishes. Instead of disobeying her father, the girl did indeed begin to watch cartoons as she hug her knees.

"Lucas, Judith, do you copy?" A static rushed through the house coming from Judith's room. The brunettes head shot up, and she rushed towards the room.

"Guys, come on, I know you're there!" Mikes voice came in, more clear this time. "This is urgent, I'm serious. I'm not going to stop until you answer. Lucas.. Judith! Lucas! Judith, Lucas, Judith, Lucas, Judith, Lucas, Judith, Lucas, Judith, Lucas."

"Go away, Mike. I'm not in the mood. Alright? Over and out."

"No, not out. I'm interested in what he has to say. Over." Judith finally picked up the walkie talkie after being amused by what Mike had to say.