.viii

— CHAPTER 8 —
SCHOOL RADIO

November 10, 1983Judith Edwards•

November 10, 1983
Judith Edwards

     Eleven turned the knob and opened the door, as the pretty girl caught the others attention. While Dustin, Lucas, and Judith were surprised on how normal she looked, Mike couldn't help but stare.

"Wow, she looks—"

"Pretty." Mike cut off Dustin, and took a step forward. "Good, you look pretty good."

Lucas scoffed at Mike acting like he was still thinking on Eleven platonically, but Judith found it to be quite endearing.

Eleven walked over the mirror and smiled at the reflection. "Pretty... Good."

҉

The school door opened, and all five of the kids squirmed in trying to get in first. Besides the fact of them supposedly not going to school, they still entered through the back door.

"Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad." Mike reminded them while they all looked looked at Eleven and made a fake frown, besides Micheal.

"Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period." The PA system announced as Mike tried to open the AV club room, but with no luck.

"It's locked." He sighed and turned to the four watching him.

"Hey do you think you can open it, with your powers?" Dustin asked and pointed to the door. They all rolled their eyes but looked up once hearing a familiar voice.

"Boys?" Mr. Clark approached them. They all went into natural poses, except for Lucas. He posed like a model you'd see on a magazine cover. Judith rolled her eyes, she was used to the teacher messing up and referring to her as a male by now. "Assembly's about to start."

"We know, we're just, you know." Mike nodded, all of a sudden becoming a professional actor at being down.

"Upset." Judith looked over to Mike, who nodded.

"Yeah, definitely upset." Dustin sighed.

"We need some alone time." Lucas shrugged at Mr.Clark.

"To.. cry." Dustin once again sucked at pretending to be sad.

"Yeah, listen. I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, okay? And then the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day." Mr. Clark tossed his keys to Mike. "Oh, uh I don't believe we've met. What's your name?"