.iv

—CHAPTER 4—
CORRELATION

November 9, 1983Judith Edwards•

November 9, 1983
Judith Edwards

     Having dinner at the Wheelers household was a constant routine for the four kids, usually five when Will was there. It was different today, as though everyone was stressed about something, yet there was only one thing on the mind of Mike, Lucas, Judith, and Dustin. That one thing was the suspicious powerful girl, Eleven.

"Something wrong with the meatloaf?" Karen decided to speak up, as Judith along with the others just messed around with the food.

"Oh, no, I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch. I don't know why." Dustin smiled and looked over to Judith and Lucas.

"Me too." The two kids said in sync and smiled at her, nervously.

"It's delicious, mommy." Nancy spoke up and put on the innocent face of a teenager as Mike rolled his eyes.

"Thank you, sweetie."

"So, theres this special assembly thing tonight. For Will, at the school field. Barb's driving." The teenage girl stated, as she cut her meatloaf.

"Why am I just hearing about this?" Karen asked her daughter, the two talking not stopping anyone from eating.

"I thought you knew."

"I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found."

"I know, I know, but it'd be super weird if I'm not there. I mean, everyone is going."

"Just..be back by 10:00. Why don't you take the kids too?" Karen finally allowed Nancy to go, then suggested something they would all disagree on.

"No!" Judith, Mike, Lucas, and Nancy all yelled.

"Don't you think you should be there? — for Will?" Mike's mother asked, as Mike spit in his milk as it went all over his face. It didn't take a genius to figure out it was because Eleven was coming down the stairs. Judith took this moment to bang on the table, so the family would pay attention to her rather the other girl wondering around.

"Sorry, spasm." Judith chuckled.

"Oh..it's okay Holly, it's just a loud noise." Karen told her youngest daughter who ducked down in the chair. Nancy turned to look at Judith, and rolled her eyes.

"Nice." Nancy mouthed towards her as Judith furrowed her eyebrows and leaned towards Dustin's ear.

"You are so right, the stick is far up her butt." The girl whispered as he smiled at her with his toothless grin.