.v

—CHAPTER 5—
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM

—CHAPTER 5—STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM

November 10, 1983
Judith Edwards

When Jude arrived to her house after freaking out for quite a while, her father was sitting in the couch a smiled at her.

"Well you don't look tired at all. Long day?" Liam asked his daughter who nodded and threw herself next to him.

"Daddy, you know what sounds perfect right now? My strawberries and cream." Judith giggled. Strawberries and cream was a tradition between the two, where you mixed strawberries,cream, and sugar. It was classic yogurt but homemade, and for some reason it tasted so much better than any other desert.

"That does sound great, it would be hilarious if I just—" between talking, Liam reached down and handed his daughter a tub of the deliciousness. "—happened to have some!"

Judith grabbed it in her hand and shoved the spoon in her mouth, and over exaggerated how good it was. "This Is The Best Thing That Has Happened To The World Since Dogs!"

"Jude, I wanted to talk about something serious." Liam stated, and Judith looked up at him with her glimmering eyes, in love with the cream. "With all the things going on with Will, I don't know if you should come back this late. Maybe try before sunlight, and always with Lucas because of how close he lives."

"I absolutely agree, there's probably a monster out there snatching children into his realms of darkness, feeding on there precious souls— or something."

"Maybe a child abductor. If you got taken, I would go insane, Judie. You're all I got left," Liam pinched Judiths cheek and then kissed her head and left to what she assumed the bathroom.

As guilty as she felt, Judith was trying to understand that it wasn't her fault that her mother is just a terrible person. Judith was also trying to understand that she won't grow up like her, it terrifies her. Half of her is from the best person in the world, and her other half is from an abandoner.

҉

The following day, Judith woke up quite tired even though she had a full nights rest. The small girl grew happy when she noticed that her dad had tucked her in last night when she had gone to sleep. Uncovering herself, Judith picked up the walking talkie and changed the radio to Mike's.

"It's Judith, are we going to your house or straight to school? Over." Placing it down, the brunette quickly changed her pajamas into jeans and a sweater over her stained band shirt.

"My house, duh. Over." Judith rolled her eyes but grabbed her backpack and left the house, fetching her bicycle this time. The ride was long, but she enjoyed seeing the sky change colors. The world is beautiful, but only one thing was on her mind.

"Where are you, Will?" Judith whispered and looked up at the clouds, and white moon. The pre teen pulled into the driveway and parked her bike, going inside the house.