Chapter 8

I thanked the Tribunal council as they left the room. Carl came over to tell me the car was out the front waiting and that Thomas would be driving me home as he had some important paperwork to take care of.

I walked out to the car and like the gentleman he was Thomas opened the car door for me and shut it once I was in. He started the car one he was in before he spoke.

'Congratulations Colby, I'm so happy for you.' 'Yeah sure you are Thomas, just drive me home and be gone.' 'Colby please don't be like this. I wasn't try to hurt you or anything... I just wanted to make sure I didn't stuff up your case.'

'You weren't trying to hurt me?! Are you kidding me? You told me you had feelings for me and then I find out you were going to kill me if I didn't get a licence. Great way to make a girl feel like she was being used!'

The car jolted as he quickly pulled over. He put the car in park and then turn the car off. He looked at me with such intensity it made me feel something I've never felt before.

'Colby, I only said I would be the one to kill you because I couldn't stand the thought of someone else toying with like you were prey.' 'Seriously Thomas that's your excuse how pathetic and stupid do you think I am? I thought you did really care about me but you don't you never did, it was just your way to get me to let my guard down to make it easier to betray me.' Just then his face went red with anger.

'I don't care about you? If I didn't care I wouldn't have told how I feel about you, I wouldn't make an interest in trying to get to know you at all and showing you how I feel. I know you are angry and that's okay but if you want me to leave you alone for good I will.'

Before I knew what was happening he leaned forward and kissed me with such intensity it felt like my whole body had burst, he pulled back and just him looking into my eyes I realised just how much he cared about me and I was being a bitch.

'I love you Colby', without even thinking about it I looked straight at him and said 'I love you too Thomas', before pulling his face to mine in a kiss that was more intensified then the first one. But just as things started getting risky he pulled away, made himself presentable again before starting the car and driving me home.

My parents were so happy that everything had worked out that they even hugged Thomas which was clearly a shock for him because his expression was priceless. I fell asleep that night in an extremely happy mood and couldn't wait to see Thomas again.

The next day Piper and I organised to hang out because it was Prom night and because I didn't have a date and either did she we decided we weren't going. Just as I was getting everything organised for our movie night while we waited for updates from friends at school about what was going on there was a knock at the door.

I opened the door to find Thomas and Carl standing there dressed designer suits with flowers. I looked at Thomas to find he was carrying two dress bags, I gave him a questioning look. 'We are here to take you and Piper to your school Prom, and here's your dresses.' 'Holy shit' was all I could say, I was so not expecting this.

I told Carl to stand in the driveway and rang Piper, all she could say was I'm coming just give me a minute, 'Piper look out to my driveway' she started to question me but I just told her to do it. 'We are going to Prom, and the handsome man in my driveway is just for you.'

I didn't need to have my phone on speaker for Thomas to look at me a little afraid because of all Piper's screaming, I couldn't help but laugh. Thomas handed me the dresses and I told him to come back in an hour.

Mum answered the door for us and told Thomas and Carl it was so nice of them to do this for us. They were having a conversation when Piper and I descended the stairs and Thomas stopped talking mid sentence and just looked at me. Piper and I looked at each other and then back at the guys, it looked like their jaws were about to hit the floor.

Carl was looking at Piper the way Thomas looked at me and I knew instantly him and Piper were going to have a lot of fun together. We posed for photos before Thomas gave me a quick kiss and then we were engulfed with questions, of course we were now official but I didn't care.

As we got into the limo Piper turned to Carl to give him a kiss on the cheek only when she went to he turned his face towards her and shocked both of them by kissing her back. This was going to be the best night ever.