twenty

"W-What?" I ask in disbelief. "I have c-" He starts with a deep breath. "I-I know, I heard you the first time." I say cutting him off before he can finish that horrid word. "Where..?" I ask quietly.

"My heart.. I have a huge tumor there." He says cautiously. "I..I also have a surgery coming up soon." He says looking down at the floor. "Oh." I say softly. "Y-Yeah it, uh, it's pretty important." He says twiddling his fingers. "Wow, that's pretty scary." I say with a sigh.

"Yeah they're going to attempt to take it all out." He says making me look at him with concern. "Jacob, I-I'm so sorry." I say with a frown. "Yeah, I might need a heart transplant and Caroline says she's up for it." He says with a sigh. "But I really don't want her to do that, but then again I have no choice." He says rubbing his face.

"I know we just saw eachother again but I want to be there for you again, J." I say looking down nervously. "I really don't want you to go through this alone." I say playing with my fingers like he was earlier. "W-Wait.. r-really?!" He asks looking up at me in surprise.

"Yeah, everyone deserves to have someone by their side in a time of hurt." I say smiling at him slightly. "I would appreciate that so much Luna." He says with a grateful smile. "I don't have much friends anymore and what you offered.. it just makes me feel like there's hope again." He says smiling more and more.

"Same number?" He says with the same smile. "Same number." I say returning his smile. "I-I'll call you, I'll "text you the deets."" He says making me laugh. "Alright, Sartorius." I say with a laugh. "See you soon." He says before backing away. He shots me a week before turning and leaving the aisle.

I now acknowledged the snacks in my arms making me sigh. I now remembered the reason I came to the store. I looked around a bit and then quickly found a basket to put everything in. I headed to the place where the checkout was located.

I made conversation with the person working at the register, before paying for my things and taking them to the car. I drove home with Sam Smith playing on the aux. When I got to my house I took my phone, the keys and the bags. I unlocked the front door and dropped everything as soon as I entered.

I then closed and locked the front door before walking to the couch. ((A/N okay so when you enter Luna's house there's this big like rectangle of open space when you look to the left you see the couch and the tv and basically the living room and when you look to the left you see the kitchen and you look straight ahead there's the hallway leading to other things.) Hopefully this helped.) I stare at the Season Two: Episode One. Option with the box around it and the remote in my hand. Before sighing and clicking off the tv. After my little trip to the grocery store. I was unable to think of anything else.

I then remembered the message on my phone that made me drop all of my food. I sighed again before reaching for my phone. I turned it on as Finn Wolfhard lit up my screen. Not because I have a crush on him but because he's amazing. I then swipe up making the Earlier Today notifications pop up.

It was from my brother, Alex. This is what the message looked like:

 This is what the message looked like:

A smile immediately lit up my face. Alex is coming home. I thought. "Alex is coming home." I whispered. "Alex is coming home." I said in my regular voice. "Alex is coming home!" I say louder before standing on the couch. "Alex is coming home!" I squealed before jumping on the couch.

I jumped until my phone dinged signaling a message. I laid down out of breath before reading it.

I went to text back before thinking

I went to text back before thinking. Next Friday. Shit. Maybe Alex won't mind spending time at the hospital on the day he visits. I mean I know he'll be here for the weekend but who knows how long it'll take Jacob to recover.

I just text back a quick "kay (:" before locking my phone and setting it down. I'm sure everything will be okay. I then do some thinking it's Friday so.. just a week left until I get to see Alex and until Jacobs surgery where he'll hopefully get better.

Just one more week.

-/-/-/-/-/
This story is ending. You'll never guess when! Did you guess.. in one more week? If so.. you're correct! I'm going to write the ending chapters ahead of time so everyday you'll get one chapter. Until next Friday.
Good luck! 💛🥀
-lunes
Word Count: 832 words