Complete

Jungkook's POV:

I looked at the big box in front of me, hesitating to open it. My eyes were fixed on the small sticky note that said "Taehyung's things",and I just couldn't bring myself to approach the box.

The psychiatrist was the one who told me I should face my memories, so I can say goodbye properly, so I can move on with my life.

But here I am, in front of the box, fear consuming all my thoughts. I tried to convince myself to open it every single day of the last week, but I failed. I would just sit down, staring at it with a trembling heart, then promise myself I will do it the next day.

But today, I was determined. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, then moved my trembling hands and opened it. And in the same moment, a really sweet and familiar scent filled all my senses. And I felt week in my knees, just his scent made too many memories pop up in my head, making me shiver.

The times when we cuddled on his bed to watch a movie, but we both weren't paying any attention to it. We were just so happy to have each other in our arms. I would bury my nose in his hair and inhale his calming sweet sent. And with time, I came to link it with safety, with home and happiness.

I remember how lucky I was, to wake up every morning with him in my bed, snuggled between my arms, so close to my heart. Playing with his soft locks in my hands and whispering how much I loved him in his ear.

I remember when I had cancer, the long nights I spent in the hospital, when he was there next to me in every moment of it, giving me strength and love. He would stare at me with a smile, his eyes impossibly loving and caring.

I remember it all, even the smallest details, from the way he fidgets his fingers in my shirt when we're cuddling together, to the way he bites his lips to prevent himself from smiling when I whisper sweet words in his ear.

To when I wake up to his footsteps, as he gets out of bed. They made a song that sounded so simple, but it danced in my head. A melody so perfect, that it gets me through the day.

And the thought of us forever, is one that won't ever go away.

But all these precious moments, that we carved in stone, are only memories after all.

Memories after all

( Shawn Mendes's lyrics)

His scent brought all those memories back, if he was alive, I would've felt nostalgic, but he's not, so the only feeling that filled my heart was immense pain and sorrow. Tears rolled down my cheeks quietly. I got out his clothes, each one of them bringing up new memories, making new tears form in my eyes. And by the time I got to the last object, I was a sobbing mess. I got out the item, which was a matching sweater we bought just a week before his death. I remember it was what he was wearing the last day we cuddled together. I clutched the soft cotton and buried my face in it, inhaling the sweet scent that was still stock there, crying and sobbing non stop.

Without him I felt incomplete, he was my favorite part of me, and I lost that part when I lost him.

"I love you Taehyung, I love you" I cried out.

"Please come back to me, I can't do this without you. I tried and tried, but I failed. This life means nothing if I'm not going to share it with you" I cried out, talking to nothing, I wasn't even aware of what I was saying, but it was my broken soul that was speaking out loud, after being held back for a whole year.

"Jungkook, baby don't cry, I'm right here" I heard a familiar sweet voice. I snapped my head up, to be met with his beautiful eyes. He stood right in front of me, and I felt my heart jumping with happiness.

"Taehyung... " I whispered, getting up slowly from my place to stand in front of him. He was smiling at me, and I reached a hesitant hand to try and touch his cheek.

My scared fingers touched the soft skin, and it felt so real. With that, I pulled him to my chest, hugging him as close as I can, terrified he will slip out of my hands at any moment.

He hugged me back, snuggling closer to my chest. And I was able to feel him between my arms, his sweet smell filling my nose. And I was on the edge of crying.

"Baby, you're here... You're here... " I cried out, unable to believe I was holding him like I always wanted. I don't even care if this is a dream, I just want to touch him, hug him. My numb empty soul was warming up with the feeling of his arms around me.

I couldn't be happier than that

"Jungkook... " he whispered, and I pulled away for a moment, to look deeply into his eyes. I admired how beautiful he looked, just like an angel, just like he has always been.

"Why did you leave me? " I asked with tears in my eyes, and he shook his head, and wiped my tears away.

"No, Kookie, I was always here. You couldn't see me, but I was  here, when you cried, I hugged you, when you were sleeping, I was watching over you. Baby, I never left you, I won't leave you again, I promise. " he said softly.

I couldn't believe him, I am sure I'm imagining all of this, right?

"No baby you're not, I am here. Maybe not as a living person, but I am here. You don't need to cry anymore, I won't leave you again" he reassured me, as if he felt my fear, his eyes full with love and passion.

I couldn't do anything but to nod furiously, tears still brimming in my eyes. And I cupped his face, pressing my lips on his softly, I wanted to cry when his soft lips met mine, emotions of all kind found their way to my heart. He kissed me back, and I felt safe, protected, loved,  complete.

We kissed for what seemed like eternity, showing all the love we felt for each other, showing how much we missed each other, how hurt we felt when we were broken apart.

When we finally stopped, we rested our foreheads together. And I was crying again.

"God, I missed you so much" I said with a relieved voice, intertwining my fingers in his hair, and he smiled warmly at me.

"Let's get you to bed, you seem tired love" he whispered and I nodded.

He led me to the bed and we cuddled close to each other, my heart was bursting with happiness, feeling my impossible wish coming true when I felt his body heat radiating against mine.

"Promise me you'll be here, tomorrow, when I wake up" I whispered, stroking his soft hair, and kissing his forehead.

"I promise baby, I'll be here" he whispered back, intertwining our fingers.

"I love you so so so much, my TaeTae, goodnight "

"I love you too Kookie, goodnight baby"

____________
•••••••••••••••
Finallyyyyyyyyy, they reunited.

I love them so much, god I'm crying for real now.

God bless who made this ↓

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I am updating three days in a row now 😄😄

I love ya, annyon ❤❤