Introductions

You yawn and stretch out on the air bed you slept on last night. It wasn't comfortable, but it worked. You reach over and check your phone. No notifications, and it's 6 am. You groan and roll back over. You're supposed to go to school today for a "pre-school party" or something.

You force yourself up and rub the sleep from your eyes. You toss the blankets to the side and stand up, stretching again. You grab your phone and unlock it, not sure what you're looking for.

You scroll through Twitter to see if there's anything interesting going on. There's not.

You sigh and set your phone back down. You stride groggily to the other side of the room where your bags are, pulling out fresh clothes - skinny jeans and a SFIT shirt you got when you enrolled.

You stand in the middle of your bedroom, looking around at the still empty floor and walls. You grab a small bag - more of a purse - and put on your shoes.

"I think I'm ready," you say out loud to yourself. You grab your phone, wallet, and key, throwing them in your bag. You head out the door and stop in your tracks.

"Oh hey," cigarette guy says.

"Hi," you adjust your bag on your shoulder, "I don't mean to be rude but I really need to get going."

He looks you over.

"Are you headed to that one school, uhh, SFOT or whatever?" He asks.

You nod.

"Well I'm not stopping you," he shrugs, "I'm just chilling in the hall."

"Right, in front of my door," you say sarcastically.

"Hey, a hall is a hall."

You roll your eyes and wave him off.

"I'm leaving now, see you later," you start to walk away.

"Peace."

You walk down the stairs and out of the building. You take out your earbuds and plug them in, hitting play on your (favorite band) playlist. You start walking down the street, feeling pretty confident about this.

(•--•) [baymax separater, maybe?]

You climb the steps to the robotics lab, pulling out your headphones.

It's huge, you think.

You continue up the steps and open the door, looking around. You spot a sign pointing to the left, and start in that direction.

You reach a hallway with a few doors, only one open one. You walk around, peering in.

"Hi!" A blonde latina says, waving frantically.

You jump.

"Uh, h-hi," you stammer.

She grins at you.

"Are you one of the new students?" She asks.

You nod.

"Great! I'll get the others," she says before running off in the other direction.

You stand there, a little shaken.

You roll your shoulders and step in a little more. There's divided areas, probably for students to work on individual projects.

"Okay! Back again!" The girl says, walking towards you with her long legs, even longer with her high heels.

She's brought two other people with her: a shorter, curvier girl with short black hair, and a stocky African American guy with dreadlocks.

"This is GoGo and Wasabi," she gestures to them.

"Yo," GoGo says, blowing a bubble with her gum.

"Guyyys, this is..." she pauses, "uh, what's your name?"

"Oh, I'm (y/n)," you wave.

"This is (y/n)!" She announces.

"What's yours?" You ask.

"I'm Honey Lemon, or just Honey."

You cock your head.

"Are these all, um, nicknames?" You ask, trying not to be rude.

They nod.

"I spilled Wasabi on my shirt one time." Wasabi says.

Honey laughs.

"Fred's around here somewhere..." she trails off, and soon after, a tall, skinny guy with long hair comes running in.

"Guys," he yells, "the Hamada bros are almost here!"

Honey gives a small clap.

"You'll really like 'Dashi and Hiro," she turns to you.

You smile.

"I hope I do." you say softly.

(•--•)

A few minutes later, two boys walk in. The older one has a wide-ish build, and wispy black hair. The younger one - much smaller - is skinnier, with a full head of messy hair the same color as the other.

"Hey guys, sorry if we're late," the older one says.

"Oh no, you're not late." Honey replies.

His eyes move to you, and he smiles.

"I'm Tadashi," he reaches out.

"(y/n)," you shake his hand, smiling back.

He keeps his eyes locked on yours, then looks away.

"This is my brother, Hiro."

"Nice to meet you too," you say, shaking his hand next.

He grins, a small tooth gap showing.

"So are we gonna go or what?" GoGo asks, her arms crossed.

"Yeah let's do this!" Fred shouts before running back to where he came from.

Honey stays next to you as everyone moves towards the back of the lab, to a bigger room.

Walking in, you see a lot of people to meet.