Interview

Vince sits in a chair, across from one of the officers that arrested him. He sits, slouched, his hair drenched with sweat.

"So, tell me, what drove you to kill Ms. Greene?"

"I didn't."

The officer scribbles something down on a notepad. The dim light flickers above, and Vince barely shifts.

"Young man, this isn't a game. You were the only one reported to be seen with Ms. Holly Greene."

"Yes, I was."

"But you didn't kill her?" The officer looks up after writing more notes.

"No, sir, I did not."

"Can you explain to me how she would've been found dead in the hall, with a stab wound to the abdomen?"

Vince sits up and leans towards the table.

"I've told you! There was a dude, a murderer! He tried to kill me first, dammit!" 

The officer pauses, staring at Vince.

"Okay kid, here's what I'll do. I'll let you go, in the morning."

At that, Vince throws himself back in the chair.

"I have to stay overnight in a police station, of course."

"It's all I can do, I can't just release a suspect right away, we have to clear you after checking your records."

"Well all you're gonna see is a clean one."

"Son, I believe you, but I'm not the only one here."

Vince puts his head in his hands. He rubs his face for a few seconds before looking straight up, leaning back in his chair.

"Can I have a phone call?"

The officer ponders Vince's question.

"I suppose so."

Vince is lead out the hall, to a phone hanging on the wall. Vince dials your number, holding the phone close to his head, clutching the cord.