Party Time...Again

You hold up two shirts, thinking.

The red one seems classy, but maybe too formal.

The black one seems sexy and fun.

Hm.

Black.

You hang the other shirt back up, setting the black one down on your "bed". You decide to keep your jeans on, the ones with rips at the knees.

I'll regret wearing heels, you think.

You decide to wear the heels anyway. They're not too high, and a silvery color with a bit of glitter on the sides.

Hair up? Hair down. Up...? Half.

You pick out a decent pair of earrings after putting on the shirt. You take a look in the mirror, admiring what you see.

"Damn, (Y/N)."

You smile and grab your purse. A knock on the door makes your heart skip a beat.

"Hey Nate," you say as you open the door.

"Woah..." he looks you up and down, "just, wow."

You laugh, turning off your light and stepping into the hall.

"C'mon, we'll be late."

"Isn't that fashionable?" He extends his arm with a slight bow.

"If you want it to be." You take his arm and head to Vince's room. The music was already blaring.

(•--•)

"Woah-ho," some dude who's already drunk approaches you and Nate.

"Hey Jake." Nate says bluntly.

"Didn't think you were the party type," his gaze moves to you, "but you scored a total babe hot damn!"

"Hey Jake, is that weed they're having in the corner?"

"Duuude," Jake turns and walks away, wobbly.

"He's an old, old, friend." Nate says.

You nod. The room is dark, minus the strobe and rave lights, and bigger than you thought it would be. Does Vince pay more for this place? The music playing is some sort of techno remix playlist of popular songs.

You spot Honey and Wasabi in the corner. You wave, but they don't see you through the crowd, which is surprisingly large. You scan for Tadashi, but there's not sign of him. Yet.

"Wanna go find a quieter part?" Nate says, leaning in.

The closeness of his voice sends chills up your spine.

"Yeah, sure."

He takes your hand and guides you through. You both smile and greet people as you pass. You make eye contact with a familiar pair of dark eyes. Tadashi. Time feels to slow as you pass, both of you exchanging a glance. You stumble into someone and lose Nate's hand, and sight of Tadashi. Something about his stare made you shiver.

"(Y/N)?" You hear Nate call.

You stick a hand up, holding it above the crowd. You see his smile through the faces, and he reaches out to you, grabbing your waist. Time slows once more, letting you almost feel the breath between you two. He looks down at you, his face inches away. If only you could just, move in, closer...

The music changes and the crowd pushes inward. Nate rolls his eyes and pulls you out. He takes your hand and guides you again on the same path.

"Here, much better." He says as you reach a section of the room that isn't filled with people and booze.

"I can't believe Vince knows all these people, or even managed to fit them in here."

"Yeah, I could never have a party at my place. Too small."

"Agreed." You laugh.

His hand still holds yours, and his eyes pore into yours. His gaze is soft, and it makes you feel warm and safe. He steps closer, letting his hand move to your hips, then the small of your back. You both shift around the wall, ending up in the hallway to Vince's bedroom. You laugh, putting your hands on his shoulders. He smiles at you before planting his lips on yours. You lean back, staring at him.

"Oh, was I no-"

You kiss him back before he can finish. He presses into you, kissing you more. The music feels as if it's roaring far away, and as if the crowd is no longer around the corner.

He pulls back, looking at you. He kisses you again, and once more.

"Can I say I love you? Is it like, too soon for that?"

"Not at all."

"Good." He kisses you again before pulling you back into the crowd.

You laugh as he starts dancing, making you move with him. You see Honey, and she grins and gives you a thumbs-up. You wave, nodding in agreement.

Even Vince smiles at you. Crazy image, Vince smiling.

The night feels perfect, almost too perfect. The only doubt you feel is when you feel Tadashi's stare from across the room.

(•--•)

"You don't have to go." You say as Nate hugs you goodbye.

"No, I probably should. I have to take care of my dog, and besides, I'd be too tempted to kiss you all night. Neither of us would sleep."

"I'm cool with that," you chuckle.

"I'm gonna go, farewell, maiden."

"Goodbye, prince."

His face beams, and he kisses you swiftly before bowing and leaving.

You close the door, smiling. You can still feel the warmth of him pressed against you.

Does this mean I have a boyfriend now?

You pause.

I have a boyfriend now.

You smile wider, excited. This night truly was perfect, and nothing could change that.

Hopefully.