First Day

You groggily brush your teeth. You rinse, and look in the mirror.

"I'm a mess," you mumble.

You pick up your hairbrush and start brushing, wincing at the painful tugging. You set it back down and grab some concealer, covering minor blemishes around your face. You smile and walk out of the bathroom.

You step around the air bed that's still up and pick up your phone.

Morning, a text from Nate reads.

You open up your phone and see that he sent you a picture of his schedule too.

Any matches?

You scan his schedule, picking up yours from your bag. You'd gotten it yesterday during the party.

A couple, you text, Physics and Robotics

We all have Robotics together silly, he replies.

Oh...

You wait for another response, but there isn't one. You slide your phone into your bag, packing up your charger and headphones too. You grab your huge binder, and huge textbooks, stuffing them in your bag as well.

"Here we go," you lift the heavy bag onto your shoulders, bending down a bit.

You adjust your shirt - a white t-shirt with a floral design in the middle - and head for the door.

You open it to see cigarette guy there again.

"Good morning," you say, shutting the door and locking it.

"'Sup."

"Y'know," you turn to him, "I never got your name."

"It's Vince." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh, I'm (y/n)," you say, reaching out your hand.

"And I don't care," he looks to the side.

"Right, okay."

You pull away and leave. You didn't bother saying bye, he wouldn't care either way.

(•--•)

You reach room 213B and double-check your schedule before walking in. You have math first hour, more specifically, Calculus.

There's not a lot of people inside yet, so you have a pretty good choice of seats. You take one close to the front, but still in the middle.

A few moments later, Hiro and a girl walk in, hand-in-hand.

You wave, hoping they notice you.

"Oh hey," Hiro walks over.

"Aren't you guys like...16?"

The girl nods.

"Hiro is, I'm 17," she says. She has icy blue eyes that practically shine when she talks.

"Oh, and you're already taking college courses? At a college?"

"Yeah, we kinda skipped. A lot." Hiro laughs.

"Oh hey, we gotta get our favorite seats," the girl reminds him. They wave and take two seats in the row in front of you.

You drum your fingers on the desk, resting your chin on your other hand.

"This seat taken?" Tadashi asks.

"Oh, no," you move your stuff closer to you to give him room.

"Thanks," he smiles at you and sits down.

"Welcome class," the teacher walks in, closing the door.

"If you didn't already know, this is Calculus."

(•--•)

The bell rings. Everyone packs up their stuff and leaves. You check your schedule again. You have Physics next.

With Nate.

You hurried to second period, a grin on your face.

You reach the room and pull the door open. You see Nate inside, talking to another girl.

Your heart sinks as you walk inside. You take a seat behind him, not saying anything.

"(y/n), hey," he turns and smiles at you.

"Oh, hey Nate."

"You good?" He cocks his head, a concerned expression growing on his face.

"What? Yeah I'm fine." You take out a notebook and flip through blank pages.

"Mr. Hamada?" The teacher pipes up and everyone turns.

"Yes?" Tadashi asks, glancing at you.

"I don't think you're supposed to be in this class this hour..."

He cocks his head, and looks at you again.

"Oh man, I mixed up my schedule in my head I guess," he laughs and picks up his stuff before walking out.

You hadn't even noticed he'd walked in.