They Meet

I️t isn't easy being a female warrior. People doubt you all the time, your strengths and motives. They can't believe a woman can be such a proficient sword wielder. The thing is, Emery knows possibly all there is to know about combat. She comes from a line of warriors, but she was never expected to follow in their footsteps. As it is in her blood, that was the path she followed. She isn't a nobody, either. Everyone all around the country knows of her and her skill. Yet, some consist of the ones who doubt she really has the experience she's said to have. She didn't worry about proving herself to anyone, but it does feel good when she unintentionally does so.

As the bright sun shown like a beam of light through the windows of the inn she was staying, she knew that meant it was time to awake. She begins everyday with a hearty meal, then continues on her endeavors that usually lead to no where a great deal of important. She spends her time scouting out new areas, especially when all those insane towers grew from the sacred grounds of each region. She wondered what they were for, but she couldn't dwell on something that was simply out of her league. The symbols obviously expressed that they were the works of the ancient Shekiah tribe. Word says they aren't around anymore, but it's true that Impa is still alive. Not getting a chance to see her recently, Emery wondered if she had something to do with it.

Today, she's finally going to make her way to the Zora Domain to help the Zora people with any problems they may have, aside from Vah Ruta infinitely pouring water from her sides. Emery desperately wished she could help with the situations of the Four Divine Beasts and Calamity Ganon, but never being associated with any of the Champions meant none of the battles would work in her favor. She continued on, feeling the duty to help in anyway she can. She couldn't possibly deny someone's requests knowing all the pain and suffering they were going through with their situation. She felt like she owed the people of Hyrule that much. I️t was no doubt, if something like a miracle doesn't happen soon, their world was going to come to an end. She wanted to make her time here last.

As she began making her way, many threats faced her. She was taking horseback, but a load of Bokoblins, Lizalfos, and Moblins ganged up on her. It wasn't that she couldn't take them, but they did run off her horse which threw off her game a bit. She wondered what she was to do now, that was her beloved horse... She had to find him again somewhere nearby, right? She battled the rest of the monsters, yelling out battle cries in the midst of it all. When you're putting that much effort into something, it was hard to not let little noises escape while doing so. Finally, she hit the last one a couple of times, then jumped at him doing a finishing blow. She let out a huff, and wiped her hands off. Placing her sword into the cover on her back, she turned. As she did, she saw a boy on a beautiful brown horse with a white mane. She opted to stay friendly. He couldn't see her, so she decided to reveal herself to him. As she pulled off her Hylian hood to reveal herself, her bouncy, icy blonde curls fell out of the cloth.

His face turned shocked as he realized she was a girl. His blue jewel-like eyes gazed into her emerald green ones for a while as they faced each other. Finally, she snapped out of her trance and greeted him. "You sure know how to sneak up on a girl, don't you?"

His face developed a slight blush across the apples of his cheeks and his nose. "Forgive me."

"No problem, as long as you're not a foe." She replied, placing one hand on her hips and extended the other out to shake. He climbed off his horse and formally greeted her.

"I can assure you, I'm anything but a foe." He said as he shook her hand. She nodded. His appearance was familiar. He had golden blonde hair, and blue accents to his whole appearance. His skin was graced with many, many scars. Maybe she'd never even seen that many before. His tunic was blue, something she knew she had seen before. He was obviously a gentle spirit, and she knew he was beyond trustworthy. For some reason, he was just automatically trustable.

"That is a decent reassurance, I'm quite tired of enemies at the moment." She chuckled lightly. The sun shined down on her bright blonde curls, and he never knew hair could look so lovely. It had a beautiful shine to it, and not a hair was misplaced. Unlike his, which was always all over the place. Her face was perfect, not a blemish to it. She had full lips, a button nose, rosy cheeks, big eyes, and perfect eyebrows. It was obvious she took care of herself. Her armor gave off the impression that she was a male, but once she uncovered herself it was obvious she was anything but that. She was gorgeous, and he'd never seen anyone quite like her before. As of now, though, that wasn't his concern. "I'm Emery."

"I'm Link." He replied softly. "What are you doing out here, anyway?"

She shrugged and looked around at the beautiful world surrounding them. "I'm quite the traveler, but I like to help out wherever I can. I do tasks for everyone I can, such as killing off enemies. You'd think with our current situation people would learn how to better wield a sword. Unfortunately, they don't. Everyone sits, lazying around, as if they know some miracle's going to happen and somehow we're going to be saved." She rambled. As soon as she noticed, her eyes widened. "I'm so sorry, forgive me for such a bold statement."

He gave her a smile. "No need."

"I just wish I could help," She turned to face the great Hyrule Castle, that now just consisted of ruins. Her heart beat quickly as she just wanted to run in there, feat him off, and save them all. She wished she got to do that, but she wasn't the hero chosen by the Gods. Even if she wanted to be.

"Maybe you can." The boy intervened. She swung around to face him quickly.

"What do you propose?" She asked, instantly intrigued by such a simple statement.

"Come with me, to the Zora Domain." He insisted. "There, I'll explain."

She gave him a small frown, and he wondered why. "I would love to, but the only thing stopping me is those nasty creatures ran off my horse and I don't see him anywhere."

"No problem, I can bring you along with me. It makes for all the swifter of a travel. With you and I fighting alongside, nothing should bring us down." He said. She looked at him hesitantly. " I insist."

"Very well, then." She replied and watched as he jumped onto the horse excitedly. It was adorable how he acted. As if he were a small kid, and that was evidently not true due to the ancient looking scars all over him. Even if he was a bit shorter than others, causing him to look like a kid. He was still slightly taller than her. He stuck his hand out, offering her help to mount the horse. She took his hand, and he strongly pulled her on, using his other hand to pull her by her waist. "Thank you."

"Of course."