Stitches

After regaining her composure, she finally stepped out of the bathroom. Link was lounging on the couch, reading one of his books. She tried to ignore his eyes as much as possible, but still she got in the occasional glance. It was hard to escape him, which is why she never could. As she saw him place his book down and sit up right on the couch, she rushed quicker up the stairs and to the bedroom. She shoved her armor quickly into her bag. She stood up from her stuff and came face to face with Link. She jumped backwards, letting out a sigh. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" He asked, visibly confused. She let out a groan.

"You're always around when I don't want you to be." She narrowed her eyes at him, shooting icy glares.

"Emery," He let out an agitated sigh, and she'd never heard him like that before. "I've been trying to talk to you ever since we were going to the Yiga Clan hideout.."

"And obviously," She swung around, their faces inches apart. "I don't want to talk about it. At least not to you."

As much as he wanted them to stay that close, he stepped back as she intimidated him in this moment. Why was she being so cold all the sudden? Just a second ago when he was carrying her inside, she was sweet. What had happened to make her change her attitude towards him? "Then who do you want to talk to?"

"Just don't worry about it, okay..." She muttered, pulling the cover back on the bed. As she did, he couldn't help but see the corner of her shirt lift a bit. His eyes widened as he saw a literal open wound. He couldn't help himself as he rushed over and pulled her shirt up more to reveal just how large it was. She jumped back, slapping his hand away. "What are you doing?!"

"You're really hurt." He stated the obvious. She rolled her eyes at him.

"I said don't worry about it, you hear me? Do you get it? I don't need your help." She gave him an ice cold look. Right now, he didn't care what she wanted.

"Let me see it." He demanded. She shook her head 'no'.

"Who do you think you are?" She growled. "Leave me alone."

"No. You have to stop this. You're not going to be able to save anyone if you won't treat your wounds properly." He said. Now he was being harsh, and she'd never seen soft Link act this way. She bit her lip, which made him fluster up.

"Well, what are you going to do about it if I don't? Nothing. You can't do anything." She turned around from him again, ignoring him now and continuing to fix the bed the way she wanted it. He marched off, grabbing a kit that he's had since before he can remember. He didn't know where he'd gotten it, but he knew exactly what it was used for and how to use it. He approached her again. She let out another groan. "What's with you?!"

"You have to let me sew them shut." He said. Her eyes widened.

"No." She said instantly.

"Yes, Emery. I won't take you with me to Goron City tomorrow if you won't let yourself heal properly. It'll hurt, but you need to do this." He said, hoping that convinced her to let him. He didn't want to do this to her because he knew how bad it hurts, but he couldn't just let her have open wounds. She looked at him a moment and sighed in defeat.

"It's going to hurt really bad, isn't it?" She frowned. He nodded. "There's two on my back, and one on my stomach."

"Why didn't you say something, Emery..." He sighed, giving her a sad look.

"Because it doesn't matter to me." She shrugged. He still gave her a look of pity, and she hated it. She would always be downgraded by Link. The same boy who happened to be the most attractive one she'd ever met.