The New Champions

After a couple of weeks, Castle Town was officially rebuilt and made safe to be inhabited. People were of course hesitant at first, seeing all the things that had previously happened at Hyrule Castle. Something always puts the townspeople in danger. Either way, all the Hylians who were now travelers and had no homes were coming back to their rightful places, despite everything. Emery wondered how the people could still trust in Zelda after everything that's happened. Though, it is true it wasn't Zelda's fault that Ganon was so powerful.

They traveled to the Sacred Grounds, where the ceremony for the new Champions would be held. Emery didn't know what to expect, but she wished more than anything she had parents to be proud of her. She would never have that, and it hurt so bad. She was alone in this world, with nothing to hold onto. Most days, she hardly even saw the point anymore. Still, she knew she had to continue on no matter how much she hurt. This finally made her understand Link, as she was silently baring her burdens too.

After all these weeks, she still hadn't said one word to him. She couldn't talk to him or look at him, it hurt too much. Zelda would go out to check on people often and request only Emery come with her so they could get out of that house. She was beginning to warm up to Zelda, despite knowing that she's in love with Link, which still hurt. Either way, she was beginning to become a good friend to Emery and vice versa.

Everyday, they would talk and take their time on their endeavors. Emery was feeling more and more that she should take a step towards forgiving Link. She was starting to understand how he felt and why he acts out the way he does sometimes. She couldn't say she hadn't done the same before. Not only to him, but to anyone. He meant the best at times, and she knew he only cared. It just hurt her so much, but maybe it wasn't even because of what he said. It was just because she couldn't stand to deal with the fact that she wasn't good enough for him.

They came upon the clearing, seeing all the people gathering around the Sacred Grounds. There were many, many people. All of which were different kinds. Ritos, Zoras, Gerudo people, Hylians, and Gorons. They left their horses on their own, knowing they wouldn't wander away. Zelda approached the grounds, standing in the middle of it. Emery and Link stood to the side with the others. Everyone got quiet as she stood there, they waited to listen to what she had to say.

"I thank you all for making the efforts to come all the way here. I know you're all hesitant of trusting me, your Princess of Hyrule, and I understand that. I just hope you can all see it in your hearts to forgive me for everything that's happened. I know our dear castle is in ruins, but I plan to fix it all. Just like I did Castle Town. Now, without further ado, I would like to recognize two very special people. These two saved the world, and if not for them, Calamity Ganon surely wouldn't've met his demise." She spoke. She looked over to Emery and Link, motioning for them to come forwards. "You all know Link, the hero chosen by the Gods to wield the sword that seals the darkness. This is Emery, also a hero chosen by the Gods to wield the bow that seals the darkness. They share the Triforce courage, which is evident in their battles. They were victorious in fighting Ganon, without them we would've lost our world as we know it."

Everyone began clapping and cheering. Emery and Link bowed before them all, showing their light-powered weapons. It was incredible to everyone else that these two had fought off something so terrifying and humongous. They would never be able to forget the names of the two heroes. They would never be able to forget how stunningly gorgeous the archer was, or how handsome the swordsman was.

"Link is a long time Champion like myself, so he already has a tunic. I'd like to present Emery with the armory of the hero chosen by the Gods that wields the bow of light. She deserves it, proving herself through endless efforts in battle and in protecting her people. Including Link and I." Zelda smiled brightly at her. The royal seamstress approached them, giving Emery a pile of clothes which she gladly took. They stepped to the side, and the four others stepped up. Emery wondered what the outfit looked like.