Passing on the Legacy

Several years later, Hyrule was flourishing. The Yiga Clan, the only main threat, was run down. There were never any attacks anymore. They were rare and not thought out, so they never succeeded. It was a wonderful world to live in. Emery and Link were getting married, Zelda had found a wonderful man fit to be her husband, a prince from another kingdom with magical powers. Zelda was Emery's set maid of honor, and her bridesmaids were Riju- who was tall, beautiful, and flourishing now!- and Piya. Link's groomsmen were Zelda's husband as his best man, and two of his other friends from the Royal Guard. They were going to get married at the Sacred Grounds since they were The Chosen Heroes. The theme was forest green. That was Emery's favorite color, aside from Champion blue. It represented the breath of the wild, the way she met Link and everything they went through. Link liked it since it really went with her eyes. Zelda helped her get ready that morning.

"How do you want to do your hair?" She asked. Emery shrugged as she looked in the mirror.

"I'm not sure. I don't like it up, though, and I know Link doesn't either." She stated. Zelda nodded knowingly.

"I think I have something in mind..." She tapped her chin as she looked at her in the mirror. Emery gave her the go, and she went to work. Riju and Piya arrived soon after. They were both so happy and excited for her. Link was also getting ready across the castle. Zelda insisted it was bad luck to see each other before the ceremony, so they abided by her rules. It would be all the more surprise, so Emery was excited. The bridesmaids wore satin, green dresses with lace at the top. Emery's dress was the most beautiful thing the girls had ever seen, and everyone was going to be blown away by it. They were the only ones who knew about it, aside from the royal seamstress. It was, of course, white and very simplistic. It was also satin with an off-the-shoulder sweetheart neckline that didn't have a large skirt or tight one either, but had a long train. They helped her into it. It was fitted at her waist but flowed freely at her hips and below.

Zelda had done her hair in messy waves with a braid down the side of her head with tiny white flowers stuck into the crevices along it. She was very happy with it. She wore little makeup, but enough to make her eyes pop with a little black. Her bouquet was red and white roses with lots of succulents and such. The wedding cake was white with succulents on it. She just loved nature and plants and the earth.

It was time for the ceremony to begin soon, so they got Emery down there as soon as they could without revealing her to Link. They had him cover his eyes until she walked out. Zelda went first, then Riju, then Piya. They all took their respective places. Everyone stood, and Emery began to slowly walk down the isle, basking in the moment. They had given Purah the Sheikah Slate to take pictures with. Link was finally told to open his eyes and when he did, his mouth fell open, almost all the way to the ground. She looked stunning. No, she looked even better than that. She stepped in front of him, and they joined hands. Impa married them through the ceremony under the eyes of Goddess Hylia, and there, he was allowed to kiss the bride.

That was only the morning ceremony. They had the reception afterwards where they ate and danced until the evening. Then came the after party. They were so busy, Link and Emery hardly had the chance to really talk and enjoy each other. It was okay though, they were getting all the attention the deserved. Practically everyone in Hyrule was there. There was an after party that lasted well into the night in the ballroom of the castle. It was the only place big enough to fit everyone. The only people who weren't there were kids and such. That was when they finally got to enjoy each other.

Link and Emery slow danced in the middle of the floor. "Can you believe we're here right now?"

"What do you mean?" He asked as he held her closely and tightly. With all the people around and the hot bodies, she was beginning to feel warm herself. That would do it, though. There were so many people she couldn't even get to the water. Nonetheless, she continued on. She wanted to have a good time.