Feelings

As they traveled to help with the castle everyday, attacks by the Yiga Clan were getting more and more frequent. It was obvious they were angry and they weren't going to stop until they got their revenge. Still, Link and Emery didn't fear them. They were all smarter than their leader, but not smarter than the two of them. Sometimes they could be tricky to battle, but it was nothing they couldn't handle. Not for now, it wasn't.

Everyday, Link and Emery were talking more. Even if it was just a couple of words more, it was more. He knew it was going to take her a while to truly forgive him and warm up to him again, but he was just thankful she was at all. After everything, he just missed her so much. Zelda was encouraging him to make moves, and he was. Even if they were just small things like complimenting her or getting her a flower or an apple. Emery was taking notice, too. She didn't know what it meant, but because she thought so lowly of herself she didn't think it could mean what she thought. She opted to not get her hopes up.

Zelda was in Castle Town attending to the people while Emery and Link met with all the brave warriors who showed up to the meeting. Emery was surprised to see how many people showed up. They were of all ages, too. Girls, boys, Gerudo, Hylian, Goron, Zora, you name it. The diversity was incredible. The whole meeting was mainly led by Emery, as Link didn't want to speak. Zelda said a few words, too.

"I'm overjoyed to see all of you showed up. It proves your bravery. Being a part of the royal guard means you must risk your life to protect the people of Hyrule and the royal family. I am the only one left of the royal family, and I do have my appointed knight and archer but you still must be willing to protect me, too. No matter what the situation is." Zelda said. Everyone was silent as they listened closely. "If you don't feel like you can do that, then this meeting isn't for you."

Everyone was silent and remained in their places. Zelda took that as a hint to go on.

"You will learn from Link and Emery, as they will be your mentors. You will respect them and obey them. A true knight knows both of those things. Now, let the training commence." She left them all there in the beautiful, wide open plains. There were practice dummies set up and targets. Everyone grabbed their weapon of choice and began toying around with them, not knowing what to do. Emery cleared her throat and stepped in. They awed as she pulled out the light bow.

"The first step to archery is a perfect technique. You want to make sure your hand is placed perfectly on the string to make for quick and precise strikes. When fighting an enemy, you don't have time to line everything up, so you must get familiar with the feels of a bow before even thinking about battling in archery." She explained, stepping in line of one of the targets. They watched as she drew back the string on her bow swiftly, sending an arrow flying into the dead center of the target in a split second. Everyone was amazed, as the target was so far away some of them couldn't even see it. They clapped and she gave them a small smile. She showed them how to hold it, how to draw it, and how to aim. They were all coming along well already.

She looked over to see how Link was doing with the swordsmen, but saw him with another girl. She let herself get distracted, focusing her eyes on them. He placed his hands over hers on the sword, showing her how to hold it. He wasn't paying any attention to her, but she was only paying attention to him. It was obvious she didn't care anything about being a royal knight, she cared about flirting with the hero. Emery shook her head, turning and trying to ignore it for the time being.

After a bit of training, she took a seat and watched as the archers practiced getting their aim quickly. They were getting quite familiar with the bow quicker than she ever expected. It was a good feeling, and she enjoyed teaching them. Even if it did feel weird. She glanced over to the side of the swords once more. Link was showing the same girl how to do a simple stab. She was embarrassing herself in front of him whether she knew it or not. Her trying to be cute only led to Link knowing she literally had no idea what she was doing and she wasn't meant to be there. Emery watched as the girl reached out and put her hand on Link's chest. What was she even doing? She couldn't help herself as she stood up, walking over to them.