The Champion's Ballad

Once they finally made it to the Gerudo Desert, they found the structure, listened to Kass's song, found the locations, got the emblems, and went back in Urbosa's memory to fight Thunderblight Ganon. He was always the hardest one they'd fought. Some of his tactics were challenging to figure out how to beat. They barely came out successful, they were tried and hurt. They listened to Kass's song anyways. He told them about when Zelda talked to her. She heroically took on the duty of taming Naboris, and talked about Zelda's mother. Yiga members threatened Zelda's safety, and Urbosa fought them off incredibly, showing off her lightning powers. What Emery would give to be able to meet all the original Champions. After that, they headed to Rito Village. Finding the structure there was relatively easy. They completed the trials and then went on to venture through Revali's memories and fight Windblight Ganon. He was the easiest one to fight. Oddly enough, Emery had the most fun fighting Waterblight Ganon.

They listened to Kass's song about Revali, telling the story of how Zelda came to ask him. He was showing off his skill of Revali's Gale and Zelda saw him fail. The second time, he got it right. He was still as cocky as ever no matter what, though. He voiced his jealousy of Link being the knight, and Zelda agreed that she didn't know if he was cut out for it. Link had proven them wrong now, obviously, but she wondered how satisfactory it was for him to know this. Maybe not so much because he himself now in this state hadn't lived through all the doubts, but even so... Remembering it, knowing it, he should feel incredible about what he's done for this world. But so should she, too.

After doing each of the Champion's song trials, they were rewarded with each of the Champion's being able to help them more often than before with their special powers.

"I am Maz Koshia. I must commend you both for conquering the trial thus far. The door to the final trial is now open at the Shrine of Resurrection. Go, and face your destinies."

After resting in the inn, they made the journey back to the Great Plateau. There, they entered the Shrine of Resurrection. Link placed the Sheikah Slate in the pedestal like ordered to, and all the sudden, the ground tumbled beneath their feet. Link reached out to steady Emery. They both were fine, but watched as the glass door that had slide down showed the mechanics as they moved from the place of the Shrine to somewhere else. As soon as the door allowed them to enter, they rushed in.

"Welcome, heroes. You have overcome many trials to reach me. Now, it is time to face the final trial. This trial is a complex labyrinth. You'll need a map to begin. You may obtain map information from the Guidance Stone." They walked towards the Guidance Stone as instructed, taking in the sights. It looked like a fifth Divine Beast. Was that what it was? Was it supposed to be the heroes'? And how have they reached Maz Koshia? Who was he and where was he?

They got the map, but faced with guardian enemies along the way. They were nothing. They fought them off and went into the four rooms. Each had to do with lighting, wind, fire, and water. Just like the four Champions. They solved each puzzles after what seemed like hours. They were of course tricky, but with their combined minds and skills, they got it done quickly. They just wanted to take their time. This all took them so far back, to what it was like before. Emery would do anything to go back, and honestly redo it. She wanted to relieve it all, but without being a brat. She wanted to tell Link sooner that she loved him, and she wanted to be unapologetic about it. He loved her no matter what, and she knew that now. She trusted him and she loved him too. They were meant to be, forever and always. Nothing would ever come between them now, they were too strong and invincible.

Each time they got a terminal, it eliminated a lock from the large door. Finally, they were all unlocked. They stepped and it revealed the monk. That must be Maz Koshia. But this was it? No boss fight? Link and Emery shared an unsure glance. They knew it couldn't be that easy, there had to be something else, so they'd be on their guard. They stepped up to the monk, and Link tapped the bubble around him. It disintegrated and he spoke to them.