Chapter 3. Sticky Note

“Where are we headed, Ms. Joey?” the chauffer asked, looking at Joey through the center mirror.

Joey, who is looking outside the window, smiled and answered “to the airport, Nigell.”

“Leaving the country, huh?” he smiled back.

“Yeah” she replied sounding unsure.  After a few seconds she added, “I guess I am.” sounding more sure this time.

“Well good for you. I think you really deserve a nice vacation.” He said, smiling.

Joey looked back at Nigell through the center mirror, she saw the sincerity in his eyes. She smiled at him thankfully and went back to looking outside the window, letting out a deep breath.

After a couple of minutes, a Porsche, the same with the one she’s riding, passed through them heading to the opposite direction. Both Nigell and Joey caught a glimpse of who’s riding it. Only it’s Nigell who confirmed it.

“It’s Mrs. McAdams.”  He said.

Joey controlled herself from rolling her eyes, “Yeah”

“Does she know you’re leaving the country, Ms. Joey” Nigell continue to ask.

Joey was slightly taken aback by the question, “ah. Yes...yes of course...I kinda told her” she said, emphasizing on her last words. 

======================================

“Dorotha!!!” a loud shriek rang across the house.

The maid appeared in the kitchen in a second, as she was called so urgently. “Yes, madam?” maid said as she catched her breath. She looked  frightened at  the elegant lady, around late forties, wearing a plaid business suit, her brown hair on a bun and her 3 inch stilettos adding up to her 5’4 petite frame.

She handed Dorotha a small piece of paper, which was placed in front of the refrigerator. “What. Is. this?” The elegant lady asked, trying hard to control her temper which is now about to reach a boiling point.

“That, Madam...i—is— a sticky note.” She answered trying to save herself from the doom that she’s about to face.

“I KNOW THAT THIS IS A FREAKING STICKY NOTE!!” the lady screamed. Feeling her blood pressure rise, she drank the water which she took out from the refrigerator a few minutes ago before she saw the note. That calmed her, a bit. She then looked back at Dorotha, “Will you please give me a better explanation to this?”  She spoke, calmly this time.

Dorotha closed her eyes then anwered “Ms. Joey left a few minutes ago...with a luggage.” She opened her eyes and continued. “She didn’t exactly say where she’s going but uhm...” Mrs McAdams raised an eyebrow at her.  “...but I think she’s going to leave the country.” Dorotha said dropping her eyes to her feet.

Mrs. McAdams places her hand over her neck as she started to cuss, “She’s going out of the country and she informs me by living me a note placed on the fridge? I’m gonna kill her!”  She was about to leave when she remembered something. She looked back to Dorotha and asked, “Who are those people in the living room anyway? Are they her friends?”

Dorotha looked at her for a second then back to her feet. “Well according to Ms. Joey, those people are not her friends. They’re...just people she drinks with.” She quoted.

Mrs. McAdams raised an eyebrow, “Good. Then I’m going to kill them first.” She said as she stormed out of the kitchen. 

****A.N:

Any guess on the country she's headed?  :)

Please comment, fan and vote. You know I love to hear from ya.

Hope you'll also be able to share this story with your friends and let them read this. I'll definitely be inspired and motivated to write hundred more chapters. haha. 

I'll stop from  here. I just wanna know first your reactions and guesses on the country she's going. Plus a new character will be introduced on the next chapter. **ooopsie! spoiler alert!! :D

Cheers for now!

Love,

Iamsteifmanix