Chapter 9. Black Sneakers

Joey’s POV

“Where is he? He should be standing here and waiting for you. That’s how a chauffeur should be.” Matt almost shouted, his voice filled with irritation and kept on glancing everywhere. He walks over a few meters towards the corner, making my head spin as I was still drooping on his shoulder and gawking at his nice ass.

“Can you please bring me down now? I’m feeling so dizzy, I swear I’m gonna turn into a fu*king pussy.” I yelled against his back.  

I heard him sigh at my foul words, bringing me down to the ground all of a sudden. I lost my balance and stumbled forward. I closed my eyes as I prepare to hit the solid ground, however unexpectedly, a pair of strong arms caught me.

I immediately looked up and saw a pair of deep bluish gray eyes staring back at me, making my insides come alive. I stared back at him and held his mysterious gaze, feeling myself being caught up in a trance. I felt a boiling feeling inside me, like I’m going to be sick any minute but I ignored it.  Rather, I neared myself more to the bluish gray eyes that were looking at me intensely. I felt hypnotized. Like my spirit was being pushed free to get out of me.

I opened my mouth, searching for the right words to speak but I felt my stomach revolt.  Something suddenly caught up on my throat and I threw up. Yeah, I really did. Directly on a pair of black sneakers standing in front of me.

“What the hell?” Matt cussed loudly; his eyes were wide open, blood draining on his handsome face.

After throwing up almost everything, luckily I was able to retain my brains, I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, and I felt relieved and better. The sight in front of me was absolutely disgusting, making me wanna throw up again. I glanced at his face and edged out an “Oopsie.” as I bit my lower lip.

He closed his eyes in exasperation. His fists were clenched and ready to strike. He took a few deep breaths and relaxed himself. “What on bloody earth have I done to deserve this?” I heard him say through gritted teeth. He ran a hand on his messy hair as he opened his eyes. I could feel his blood boiling when his eyes met mine.

“I didn’t mean it, you know.” I reasoned out.

His eyes showed great despise and all of a sudden his hand flew in the air. I winced preparing to be hit as I know I deserve it, but instead of going to my direction, his hand landed on his own forehead. He did it several times, punching his forehead, to calm himself. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

After a few seconds, a black Lamborghini parked in front of us. The chauffeur immediately climbed out and opened the door on the passenger’s side, bowed at me slightly and uttered a quick apology. I climbed inside and left the door open waiting for Matt to go inside, a few seconds passed but the door was left open. I climbed out again and looked at him.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go.” I asked.

“What makes you think I’m going home with you?” He snapped.

“What are you going to do then, walk?” I said smugly, I’m used in these kinds of arguments.

“Rico’s got a car. Just go and mind your own business.” He growled angrily.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to ride in his car with...that?” I said, pointing on his sneakers with vomit. He followed the direction of my hand and saw the sickening sight; he looked like he’s also going to throw up any minute.

“Look, we’re not going to leave unless you ride home with me. I don’t care if takes a couple of hours for you to realize that or even if it takes longer than that puddle of crap drying and turning into a rock.” I said as I glanced at my vomit with disgust.