Chapter 5. Lovely Daughter's Visit

“Holy mother...land!!” Mr. McAdams said out loud. He was standing over the window dialling on his mobile when he saw a familiar lady standing on the doorway, a look of horror struck his face. “What on earth are you doing here Joey?” the man wearing glasses and formal business suit asked.

“Nice to see you too, Dad.” Joey replied sarcastically, and then smiled at the shocked man around fifties.  She then walks over to her father and gives him a big excited hug. With the tall height and lean figure, dark blonde hair which now had streaks of gray, high cheek bones and perfect white teeth, you could really say that he’s where Joey got her good looks from.

Recovering from the shock, his father clears his throat, “Sorry ‘bout that dear, I’m just...well, surprised.”  He said, emphasizing on the last word. He smiled as he released her from the hug.

“Actually ‘surprised’ is such an understatement for your reaction. You should have seen your face go white.” She replied, giggling.

She walked around the large office, appreciating its modern and neat design, which is very much like her father’s personality, she thought. The hues of black and white with a few touches of red, very well suits each other giving a high class commercial yet comfortable ambience. An enormous overlooking window, the same size of a wall, was at the back of Mr. McAdams desk, making you witness things that are happening on the busy streets below.

She stopped in front of a huge glass stand where numerous plaques and framed certificates are placed on display, “So, how’s one of the top ten greatest businessmen doing?” she asked, reading the certificate nearest to her.

“Ah. Hearing you say that makes me feel you’re talking about another person.” He replies smilingly, as he sits on his swivel chair, placing his mobile on the holder that has a ‘CEO’ title engraved on the front, above the letters is a logo of ‘M&A Insurance Ltd’. “Well, nothing’s new here, still burning the candles at both ends so I could suffice your everyday party needs.” He said teasingly.

“Ha.ha.” She rolled her eyes and looked at her father. “Staying here for a long time now makes you sound like one of them. Plus you now get that ‘Harry Pottuh’ accent too!” she scolds her father jokingly.  

 Mr. McAdams laughs heartily, the creases on his eyes showing. He then places his elbows on the desk full of folders and removes his glasses, “Now now, let’s get to the point, shall we?” he rests his chin on his hands, “So what brings my lovely daughter here to London, when in fact she doesn’t even wanted to visit her cousins in Florida because she’s afraid of riding an airplane.” Her father asked, looking at her with mirth on his eyes.

Joey felt her face heat up and turn red, she controlled herself and tried not to look embarrassed in front of her father. “I was just ten years old at that time, duh...I’m twice the age now and I so can ride a freakin’ airplane.” She heard a chuckle. Rolling her eyes, she turned to her father, “Is it that bad for a daughter to visit her father whom she had missed so much?” She asked, pretending to be hurt at his father’s remark.

Her father raised his eyebrows sceptically at her then smiled, “And how long do you plan to visit me?”

“I dunno...A month?” She shrugged, smile forming in her lips as she sat on the red velvet couch.

“Hmm. A very long visit, I guessed you really missed me a lot.” Her father replied in a teasing. He placed back his glasses and started typing on his mobile. “You very well know that I’m busy so I can’t entertain this entire...visit.” He told her.

“I know that. So, I promise you I won’t be a pain in the ass.” She chants. “Just book me to a posh hotel, give me your Trustcard and...Your trust.”  She beamed at her father. She knew she had once again won.

“I don’t think that would be of any need.” He told her as he finished typing and placed down his mobile. The smile on Joey’s face disappeared instantly.

“Please don’t tell me your sending me back home.” She said icily, eyeing her father.

“Well, as much as I would like to do that...” Joey’s stare turned into a death glare.  “...what I really mean is that it’s no need to book a hotel for you. I have this place in Wimbledon, It’s where I stay whenever I want to see the tournament and I think it would suit you.” Her face lit up upon hearing this. He continued, “As for the other requests, Laura would take care of...” He trailed off as Joey hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek.

“You are the bestest ever, you know that?” she said to him, as she released her father from her hug.

“Yeah. From what I’ve heard.” He responded with a chuckle. “Now I’ve got some business to run here. So off you go lady, chop chop!” Her father said mocking a serious business tone. Then turned to the folders on his table and started opening them.

She giggled and took her purse from the couch, preparing to leave. She was about to walk away when her dad asked, “I’m sure your mom knows that you’re here?”

She answered confidently, “Yeah. I think so. I left her a note.”

Her dad suddenly stopped what he’s doing and looked at her eyes widened, “You went all the way here from America and you told your mom just by leaving her a note? Oh good Lord!”

“Well she’s not home when I left.” She shrugged and then started walking to the doorway. “Don’t, worry dad, I’ll just give her a call! Toodles!” She yelled.

As she closed the tinted glass door behind her she realized something. She took out the shabby mobile from her purse and muttered, “I am so gonna be needing a brand new phone.”

She went over the nearest bin and dumped the phone without thinking twice.

============================

As soon as the door of his office closes, Mr. McAdams grabs his mobile phone and dials a number. On the second ring, the person being contacted picks up, providing a muffled voice of a man on the other line.

“Hi. It’s me.” He greeted. “Oh yeah, I’m doing fine, thanks. And, about that, my daughter’s here in London and uhm...” He paused. He’s tone turned serious. “She’s kind of...unwell. I need you to do something for me.” He stopped as he removed his glasses and let out a deep breath.

***A.N:

Aww, hope all fathers in the world are as sweet as him. haha. 

So as promised, I had dedicated this chapter to 15cookies for being awesome and guessing the country right. :)

Please dont forget to vote if you love this chapter. <3  I love hearing your reactions and opinions. And honestly, it gives me the will to continue writing. so...I'm looking forward! 

*finished writing chapter 6 and I'll upload it sooner, that is if you're going to vote & comment on this.  *wink*

*hope you could also recommend my story to your awesome friends. please? please? with cherries and cream on top?      **puppy eyes**

More is yet to come! :]

Love,

Iamsteifmanix

Picture of Mr. McAdams is on the right. Yep. one hot dad. :)