Chapter 21. A Better Feeling

Joey’s POV

“Joey dear?”

A sweet voice rang through my ears making me open my eyes and was instantly blinded by the rays of sun. I squinted my eyes by this and slowly looked up.

 Matt was still sleeping, his arms still around me. He looked so peaceful and calm, and I can’t control a smile from appearing in my lips. Heck, how can anyone look this sexy even in the morning?  

“Joey?”

I snapped my head to direction of the voice. Right, I almost forgot about that one.

 My eyes almost popped out from its socket when I saw Chris and Suze standing before us, a sly smile playing on their lips. I immediately shoot up. Matt was immediately awoken by the force of my movement and he looked at me questioningly before following my gaze. As expected, he too shoot up, copying my reaction.

“Good morning dears. Oh, how relieved we felt knowing that nothing bad happened to both of you.” Suze said, clutching her chest in a very mother-like manner.

“Yeah, but I guess something else happened here.” Chris said teasingly. I felt my cheeks heat up.

“H-how were you guys able to find us?” I asked, trying to change the topic.

The couple looked at each other, like they were having some sort of  a silent conversation, then Suze explained, “Well, we were really worried that you didn’t went home last night and when Chris checked the port, the boat weren’t in sight. So we realised that something happened. We wanted to look for you last night but there were no other boats available. Luckily, there were a few guys who went sailing this morning and allowed us to go with them.”

“We saw the boat but both of you were nowhere in sight, so we immediately climbed here and saw you two getting comfortable with each other.” Chris added, smiling widely like he just won the lottery.

“I-it’s not what you think.” I quickly replied, not wanting them to misunderstand and think that there’s something going on here, because there isn’t.

Or is there?

My cheeks turned redder from my thoughts. F*ck.

“Hush love, I’m just kidding.” He said with a wink. “I’ve already added petrol to the engine so we could go back to the cabin. Though, before doing that, I believe you guys have some explaining to do, right Matt?”  His face turned serious.

Matt’s eyes met mine for a second before he looked away, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. “I-I’m—”

“It’s me.” I said, cutting Matt off and standing up. Matt looked at me with surprise. He must have thought that I’ll let him take the blame.

 “It’s my fault, Chris. I stole your key, and technically, I stole your boat too. I’m really sorry for this mess.”

Chris just looked at me blankly. I waited for him to say something but after a while, he was still silent and I dropped my eyes on my feet. “I know I should have asked for your permission and it was really wrong for me to just take it. I was so stupid!  I was a b*tch! I didn’t know I will f*ck up...” All three of them winced at my choice of colourful words. And if this weren’t a serious moment I would have laughed at how synch they were, but I continued.  “I am so sorry. I know you guys are furious and I deserve it anyway. You could yell at me all you want, starve me from dinner or even drown me here—”

 Chris and Suze cut my babbling when they both burst out with laughter. I glanced at Matt, he has the same confounded expression as me, and we both watched the two so-called adults, waiting for them to finish laughing their heads off.