Chapter 6. Warm Welcome

Joey’s POV

Do you know how hard it is to go to every boutique in London and search for the perfect clothing that will suit your body type?  Gawd, I feel damn exhausted. Luckily, considering that I only went shopping for three hours, and with the help of my amazing talent, I was able to buy a few stuff that I’ll be needing for my stay. I’ve got some party dresses from Versace, several bikinis and tank tops from Dior, a number of Gap shorts, two pairs of Louboutin pumps and a couple of trousers from Dolce & Gabanna. Yes, just a few.  Heck, I learned that ‘trousers’ word earlier, when I told one of the salesladies that I wanna try some pants, she gave me a funny look and handed me guy briefs saying that I can’t fit them. I laughed my ass off at her.

I rested my head on the seat of my dad’s Lamborghini and placed my feet on a stand in front of me. Elixir, the chauffer, pointed to me the famous Big Ben and the London eye.  I gazed at the large Ferris wheel curiously. I wonder what it feels like to be jumping from it once I’ve reached the top. The feel of the strong wind hitting my face would surely be a great cure for one of my hangovers, I thought. Yeah, maybe I could try that.

Looking at the view as we drive, I realized that there’s not much of a difference here and in Los Angeles, same tall buildings, crowded streets and busy people walking around.  

 “Why the hell am I here?” I whispered to myself.

There are hundreds of countries to choose where I could have a vacation, I could have gone off to Hawaii, do the ‘hoola’ and get a new tan, though I already love my golden skin, or I could have went somewhere farther like Zimbabwe or try a safari in Madagascar, or go and feed Penguins in Alaska.

Why the fu*ck did I choose London? I felt myself answering my own question. “It’s the first thing that popped into your mind, bi*ch”, said my genius mind. Sighing, I ignored my stupid thoughts and tried listening to my heart and seek for the real answer. There was a force pulling me. I felt it. Someone wants me to be here. And I know that someone...is...you.

Blinking back the tears, I sighed loudly making the chauffer glance at me through the center mirror. I forced a smile and continued typing.

But then again, maybe I would just like to see the Queen and you know, invite her for a few drinks and get her wasted, I would love to see that, I thought.

“We are almost there.” The chauffer announced. I closed my laptop and shoved it inside my suitcase. Looking outside, I saw a sign saying ‘Inner Park Road’ and saw a row of massive houses with classic architectural design. Unlike in the city, there are a lot of trees and greenery here, making it feel calm and peaceful.

We stopped in front of a huge two-story house with classic Victorian design and large windows. My mouth was slightly open as I gaze on its beautiful sight. The lawn in front of the house was enormous, tall trees and colourful flowers surrounding it added to its splendour.

“What do you think, Miss McAdams?” the Chauffer asked, aware of my reaction.

Recovering, I looked back at him and answered, “Well, it’s not as grand as our mansion in L.A. but...I guess this will do.”

Chuckling, he got off the car and opened the door for me. I stepped out and slung my purse on my shoulder as I wait for him to get all my suitcases, which are now doubled, due to my shopping earlier. I walked on the wide pavement that leads to the large front door.

As I reached the few steps of the patio, the double doors of the house opened widely, making me jump with fright. A couple stood in front of me and greeted me warmly, with big smiles almost showing their molars. I looked at them, still shocked. I guess surprises are a big trend for today.