Chapter 28. Trust

Chapter 28. Trust

Joey’s POV.

I don’t know where on earth I am.

My feet were hurting like hell from running for god knows how long and I was out of breath.

I put myself into a stop and grasped for something solid as I steadied myself. I was so tired that I thought I was going to collapse. Using the back of my hand, I wiped the tears that were still flowing continuously and blurring my vision.

 “What the hell happened?” I whispered to myself.

Suddenly, my question was answered as different images of tonight flashed through my head.

Bella... Cate... Matt... Sophie... Ethan...

I felt my chest tightened.

Brent.

Another wave of tears flew out of my eyes and I needed to hold on to something for support.

Once again I felt my heart being crushed from the memory of the tragic incident. It hurts so bad that I didn’t know what else to do.

And so I screamed.

“WHY??!...”

I screamed and screamed letting all the pain and sadness escape me.

“WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME BRENT? TELL ME!! EVERYTHING’S SO PERFECT! BUT THEN YOU LEFT AND NOW EVERYTHING’S F*CKING RUINED!”

I clenched my fists so hard, I could feel my nails digging on my skin and my knuckles were already turning white.

“YOU ARE SO UNFAIR! YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVE ME! BUT DAMN IT! YOU STILL LEFT ME!”

I closed my eyes and sobbed hard, letting out all the emotions I’ve been keeping inside.

“WHY?... W-WHY DO YOU H-HAVE TO D-DIE?”

Tears were continuously spilling from my eyes and my mind was blank. I didn’t know what I was doing. All I could feel was that my whole body was in motion. My heart was bleeding in deep pain.

The cold wind hit against my skin and I slowly opened my eyes.

That’s when I realised that I was on a bridge.

I was standing... not on the bridge, but on top of it. Without anything to hold on to.

I looked down and saw a large body of water. It looked so enticing, I felt like it was inviting me.

“Take me with you.” I whispered. 

I knew from that moment, everything that I was feeling, all the pain and hurt, would be over.

I closed my eyes once more and bent my body forward, preparing myself to plunge into the cold water below me.

This is the end.

===============

I was wrong.

Just when I thought I was about to fall, two strong arms yanked me back, making me collapse backwards and into the solid ground with a loud thump.

I never expected falling into a mass of water would feel this rough.

“WHAT ON F*CKING HELL DO YOU THINK YOU”RE DOING?”

I opened my eyes as a deep voice rang through my ears. A pair of bluish gray eyes was looking back at me, rage and fury clearly reflecting on them.

“HAVE YOU REALLY LOST YOUR MIND, MCADAMS?”

“W-what...” My voice broke in confusion. I looked around and saw that both of us were on the solid ground. I was lying on top of him and his arms were wrapped around me. I suddenly felt conscious in our not so promising position.