Chapter 5

Cookie woke up with a jump start the next morning. Her nerves were buzzing. Was she nervous? Scared? She couldnt tell you that. She just felt happy. Maybe it had something to do with last night. Maybe it diddnt. What she did know was she was happy and that's all.

She showered and got dressed in a sexy but very plain white jumpsuit with slits on the side. She paired it with a flashy gold lion chain to top it off. She smiled at the chain.

It's been in her possession for a long time

It's been in her possession for a long time. When Lucious and her got together as teens he gave it to her. It was his example of a promise ring. He had a very unorthodox way of doing things. He was just always over the top and extra. This morning Cookie wasn't the only one up bright and early.

Lucious was at his desk eager for the day. His only problem was that witch he called his wife sitting on his office couch. She insisted she came today. To get out the house she said. Lucious was already pulling hair out and they arrived 10 minutes ago.

He begun thinking about his old days in Philly. Gangsta Lucious was still in him, he was just kept on a tight leash unless necessary. Shit if he was in Philly he would have already had Anikas ass whupped. He diddnt belive in hitting women but that diddnt mean he couldn't get other women to do it for him.

That woman on the couch was driving him up the wall. When his assistant alerted him of the meeting starting he couldn't wait to leave. Being locked in a room with the woman you can hardly stand was torture.

As he made his journey to the meeting room he saw something that made his blood boil. There stood Dwayne with a bouquet of flowers and some chocolate. Talking to his Cookie, not just talking laughing. Anika smiled at the scene.

'I don't know why she grinning. She not getting shit like that.' He thought. Thinking nothing of it as he waltzed over.

The Lyoness was just as confused as everyone else. She was on her way into the meeting room when he popped up. She thought he was looking for someone, not her.

"I just wanted to apologize for my actions. I know it's been like a week since but, it's been heavy on my mind." He smiles shyly.

She could tell he meant it. Truth be told the grin she wanted to show was bubbling at the surface. Did she all of a sudden like him? No but, it's been so long since someone took the time to do something cute.