Chapter 26

Cookie woke up in one of the best moods possible. She was stress free. Just going with the flow. Lucious had definitely put it down last night. She grinned it was like they were teenagers again.

She looked over at Lucious who was sleeping in his stomach with an arm around her waist. She smiled pecking his lips then slipping out of bed. She ignored the slight pang of pain between her legs throwing on a robe.

Cookie had effectively given all the workers 3 days off that's the good mood she was in. She turned on the tv in the kitchen and started making breakfast for him. She was just about done when the news caught her attention.

" Cookie Lyon Kidnappers Anika Calhoun, and Tariq Cousins are reported on the run. They broke out of the Hospital last night. No leads have been left. The police is advising if you see them to call law enforcement. Do not engage yourself. Now back to the weather."

Cookies mood went left. Of course she knew he wouldn't have listened to her, but she couldn't help but to feel hurt that he diddnt. She finished cooking in slight anger.

She heard the sound of bare feet on the marble floor. The noise being peiced to Lucious as he appeared shirtless in low hanging pj pants. He smiled coming up to kiss her, but she moved out of the way.

He gave her a confused face as she ignored him and handed him a plate. He took it eyeing her curiously. She simply fixed her a plate the walked into the dinning room and sat down.

"Good Morning baby." He spoke kissing her on the cheek then sitting down.

"Mhmm." She hummed eating her food.

"What's wrong baby?" Lucious questioned.

Cookie let the question dangle in the air before she used the remote to turn on the Tv. Lucious looked at the story headline and figured it out. He sighed looking at her.

"Baby..You know I couldnt just let this go. Just like that." He grumbled.

He was treading on thin ice. Her mood swings were crazy. Which is why he believes it's a girl. She was never this moody with the boys. Sure she was easier to anger, but never so quickly. She stared at him with a clearly unimpressed face.

"So let me get this straight....You dick me to sleep, then you go do some sneaky shit, and crawl back in bed." She hissed stabbing at her plate. Lucious cringed. She made it seem so bad. So low down.

"Baby..its not like that. Things had to be handled." He spoke. She pursed her lips.

"Let me ask you something..Were you gonna tell me you had some Empire business to take care of. Instead though, you were gonna finish them off?" She asked calmly staring at him.

He licked his lips. That's excactly what he was gonna do. He diddnt know what to say. Cookie took the silence as her answered.

"Ok." She spoke getting up with her plate. Lucious groaned grabbing her wrist. She glared at his hand and he let her go.

"Don't do that Cooks. Not right now." He spoke trying to suppress his irritation.

"Oh so now you wanna dictate how I'm supposed to feel?" She snapped walking away.

"Cookie are you serious?" He spat following behind her. She set the plate in the sink pausing to take some deep breaths.

"Lucious get on somewhere." She snapped.

"Baby.Calm down. The mood swings are flaring up." Lucious spoke from the doorway.

That was not helping. Lucious ducked just in time to miss the glass cup thrown at him. It shattered in the hallway.