13

Sofia clicks her heels across our hardwood as I walk in the door, my keys barely meeting the counter as she hooks my waist and pulls me close. Her breath sending an ice chill down my back when our noses hit. I felt her mouth move on the edge of my lips as she said, "we are all packed. How did it go?"

She assumes the half hour delay is good news, but it was just traffic and dealing with the teenagers. She looks at me pitifully, taking in the look in my eyes. She can read my mind. I sighed, brushing her perfectly combed hair back behind her ear, "It went about as well as I knew it would."

"I'm sorry, babe."

"It is whatever. I don't care. I get more time with you without the role." I kissed her. I grabbed her lower back closing every centimeter between us. She moaned as she tripped, pushing me back into the door. Hearing it click back into its socket, she again pressured me into the wood passionately. I have nowhere to go, this will end when she wants it to.

I had no idea my girlfriend was so rough at times, but her dry and raw lips scratched mine. Sofia slowly eased back and soon we parted, both gasping for a breath.

I slide my hands to her thighs and she pets my cheek with her icy thumb. "What happened?"

I smile and laugh, shaking my head. A timid smile crawled into her lips."Not only did I not get it, two other girls got fired."

"How do you know?" She let go and leaned against the counter with her arms crossed. She assumes privacy is easy to keep, but in the real world, everyone knows everything.

"They do things differently, I suppose." I am able to make my way to the living room where our bags are set out. "They said it right while all of us were in the room. They didn't say they would call me, so I assume I was not what they were looking for, and also I heard their whispers. Things weren't good."

She came around me, her hand drawing on my lower back under my leather jacket. "At least you did your best."

I pick up a carry on. "Shall we go?"

"We have time."

"No, we don't. Flight leaves at five, it is already three fifty- we're pushing it." She tried to lean in, but I turned my head so she hit my cheek. "I just want to be out of LA, so let's go. Please."

"That's a first," she mumbled, getting two other bags. "Sick of our alone time already?"

"We'll have plenty more to come. In a cozy upstate New York hotel room with a view of Times Square." I let her kiss my lips when I bow towards her. Under her boots, the rug popped up to surprise her, and she fell once again onto me. I laugh as her mouth drags down to my chin and a whimper escapes her lips. She stood again, densely curling her fingers around the luggage handle. "I love you, Sofia."

She blushed at her own clumsiness. "I love you too."

I make my way out the door. "And you call me a klutz."

"You are." She flicked her hair back over her shoulder and she headed for the stairs to the lobby and out to her car. She ran back and got the last bag, mine that I packed with questionable clothing items. Should I have even thought to put that suitcase together? I had so many thoughts running through my mind last night that I just threw it together. I left it in my room, she had to have mistook it. I don't think I meant to put it out for her to grab, I was just looking through things and trying to bring some peace to myself.

I'm guilty of imaginative lust that has nothing to do with physical connection. Visualising myself in those lingerie sets isn't about connecting with someone right now, it is about being able to accept the consequence of what I've been through- that I survived a traumatic experience that changed my every thought about myself.