26

After showering and getting myself ready, Sofia waits for me in the living room. I come out and meet her at the kitchen bar. With a soft kiss to her pulled back hair, I slide my hands to clasp her waist. "Are you ready?" I whisper.

She moans into a giggle. "Yes. Are you?"

I nod, putting my chin on her shoulder. "Has he started anything for you?"

Sofia leaned her head against mine. "He has my lines ready, he told me that they're just an idea- it's all supposed to come from the heart, he said, but he has given everyone an idea of what to say to keep the film on track as best we can."

Escaping my touch, she grabbed a black leather jacket off the counter. She offered it to me. "It's cold out."

"You just don't want me to wear this." My red sweater was tight fitting, and anyone could see the silhouette of my body beneath it. I allowed her to slide it onto my shoulders, and as I pulled my straightened hair out of the neck of it, she zipped it up, hiding my curves.

"You're not wrong." She smiled. I kiss her dimple, rolling my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say, grabbing her keys off the counter. "So, we're telling him today?"

She nodded shyly. "If you think we need to. If not, it can wait."

"It will be whiplash for him if we tell him today." I hold her hand. "But we need to do it."

"Okay."

"We start with him, and then Ryan and Sabrina. Can you think of anybody else?"

She shook her head gently. "Not off the top of my head."

I kiss her teeth quickly and I start towards the door. "I will try to get a hold of Ryan this afternoon and talk about meeting Thursday afternoon."

Sofia took the keys from my hand, her resonate voice squeaked. "Next week?"

"Yeah. I said it needed to be soon, and I see this all happening Thursday afternoon at our place. It gives us seven days to prepare." I need to get this over with or I will never do it. I will chicken out and never face my fears, and I know I will. And this also makes her face her fears in a way. In every way. I am a God awful girlfriend, Ryan of all people will be among the first people to know were dating, am I psychotic? What is wrong with me?

"You want him coming over?" Sofia asked, opening the door for me. I need to face my fear. Okay, yes. Face my fear. Thursday, next week, here. He has no power over me. But what if he does? What if he gets mad and actually does tell Sofia?

I slip out to the hall, padding backwards into the corridor, facing her. "Yes, here. It will be more private, you and I can be comfortable at home, and if worst comes to worst, it will be up to us when he leaves."

She locked the door and took my hand, stuffing the keys in her pocket. "Do you think we have anything to worry about?"

"You don't," I say bluntly. At least I'm being honest. "The only thing he can do to you is call you a lesbian on Twitter, and that is just a dick move- and nobody would take it seriously anyway. Drunk posts and all, it wouldn't blow out of proportion, babe. Don't worry. "

"Okay. What would he do to you then?" Sofia asked more hesitently. She slowed her steps, passing the elevator, and guiding me to the stairs. She always does this! Let me be lazy, Sofia, I am tired!

I toss my shoulder and try to dismiss her inquiry as something minor when it could literally result in life or death. Ryan could kill me. But am I going to worry about it? N- yes. "I hope nothing, but four years was a long time to collect dirt on me, you know. He could do whatever he wanted if he felt that negatively about my moving on. And people would have to accept what he says about me because Ryan is the God of authenticity- as he proclaims himself to be."

Me Tooजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें