30

I come over to the wall and I lean against the counter. The handle stops bowing and it flicks back into place, a casual trio of knocks sounded. "Sofia," I laugh. I grab it and pull the portal open giddly. "What are you doing?" I giggle, drumming my fingers along the frame.

"I couldn't wait."

I drop my dead weight on the panel and stare blankly at the white tee shirt standing in the hallway.

"Thursday seemed too far away."

"Ryan, what are you doing here?" I nearly shout.

Ryan deserved an explaination (why did I call him? Why did we have to talk? He wondered), but everything in me wanted to slam the door and run. Panic. "You wanted me to come by, I hoped you'd be surprised, baby." He stepped towards me into my house, his hand looping around my ass. "I knew you wouldn't last long without me."

Stunned, I didn't even react to his gentle groping. He put his other hand through my hair and as he leaned in, I snapped out of it. "Get off of me!" I shove his chest off of me, resulting in him pulling my hair. Did I even care? Did it even hurt? He could do worse.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry." He took a respectful step back. "It was  joke, babe. Okay, you said we'd talk. About what?"

"Thursday. We were supposed to meet next Thursday."

He bowed his head, his hair flopping. "I know, but I just had to know what you needed. Maybe we need the same things, Dove."

"I need to talk to you," I say confidently. I feel sick to my stomach acting as if I'm not devastatingly pained by his presence.

Ryan looked up with hooded eyes and a smirk, his reach extending to me. "I know, I want to talk to you too. I missed you."

Like a reflex, I slapped his hand away as it tried to caress my face. "Don't fucking touch me."

"I didn't know you liked it rough," he growled, his sculpted hips guiding him towards me. "You never told me much when we were together. I guess you found some preferences while we were apart. Maybe our break will be worth it."

I grab the corner of the door and begin to throw it at him, but he shoves himself to block it. "Ryan, get the hell out of here before I call the cops."

"You dialed me for a booty call, come on, you were basically begging me on the phone." He grabbed my lower back and pulled me toward him. "Begging," he whispered with a seductive grumble.

I back swing a closed fist at the side of his head, knocking my wrist on his skull. It hurt like hell and only made him angry. "Get off of me!"

"Okay, what the fuck, Chloe?" He shouted, grabbing his hair where my pulsing hand just clocked him. "You're just being fucking abusive now."

I wish I had the strength to tell him off, but I didn't. My surge ended and I felt like falling to the floor. "Leave."

"You invited me."

"I will call the cops, Ryan," I warn, my eyes glossed over, I won't give him that satisfaction. He doesn't deserve to see me cry. He doesn't have the power to make me cry. "Go."

He stood his ground in my doorway. "You told me to come over. I thought we were going to talk, have some sex, make up, and I could make love to you all night long- that's what I thought you wanted too. I could not wait. I'll fuck you senseless- you mean that much to me. I have been nothing but comitted to you, even after you left, I told myself I'd never love a woman like I love you. Just take me back, please. I can't live without you- I'm so empty. I told you once upon a time that you were all I had to live for, I'm still here, waiting for you to come back. If I lose you, I seriously will have nothing left, Chloe."