Chapter 8 - What Happens In Theater 9 Won't Stay... (Part II)

•Note: Fowl language used in this chapter•

As we made our way into the theater, I noticed it was relatively empty. There were a couple of people here and there, but thank god the entire middle area was empty. We saved three rows; two rows consisting of six seats, one row consisting of five seats.

Lyon took our sweaters and put them on the two outside seats in the middle row; this row would be the row of five.

Lyon went to the front row, the row in front of the row of five, and sat on one end. Juvia then sat five seat to his left, trying to reserve the seats in between. I sat in the third row, the row behind the row of five, and Gray sat five seats to my left.

After a while, the groups came back. Gajeel and Levi pushed Gray in some seats to the point where he was next to me. Bisca and Alzac sat beside Levi once they were settled in. The row ahead of me had Elfman in front of me. Thank god these rows are higher up, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the movie. Then again, I wouldn't mind that. Next to Elfman, came Natsu, Lisanna, Mirajane, and Laxus. Finally in the row in front of them, Juvia was forced to sit next to Lyon, beside Juvia was Wendy, Cana, Erza, and Jellal.

After everything was distributed, the movie trailers shortly came on. I took a sip of my drink as I sat there watching movies that were coming out next year or this fall and whatnot.

A couple minutes passed and the movie started. Nothing even happened, yet, and I'm already scared half to death. My legs went a little weak even though I was sitting down. Man up, Lucy, you can do this. It's fine, nothing's even happening. Stop being a scaredy cat.

Gray's POV

Why would Lyon invite me to this? I've already seen it. I sat and watched the movie when I noticed Lucy shaking a bit, is she scared? It's just a movie. I guess there's people who can't handle horror movies.

About half an hour passed and I could tell Lucy nearly screamed a couple times in surprise or from being frightened. I felt bad, she looked scared to death, and nearly everyone else was just sitting there in pairs like they were on a date. I glanced at Lucy again, she had her eyes closed, like she was trying to calm herself down. She was startled again when a loud noise happened in the movie. She kept squirming in her seat, like a little kid who had to use the bathroom but refused to tell anyone. Her hand gripped the arm rest that our two seats shared. She opened one eye, probably to see what was happening. As she did that, I reached for her hand that was on the arm rest and held it. She jumped slightly and looked over in shock. I grinned at her and faced my head towards the screen. She did the same with an easing smile on her face. I felt warm inside, like I did something really good.

Lucy's POV

I kept squirming in my seat, resting my head on one arm on my right arm rest while I gripped the left armrest with my other arm. I closed my eyes trying to calm down. That didn't help when a loud noise sounded off from the movie. Not gonna lie, it made me jump a bit. I opened one of my eyes to see what was happening. As I did that, I felt someone grab my hand on the left armrest. I jumped a bit in my seat. I looked over and saw Gray; he was holding my hand. My terrified shaking eased as he held it. Then Gray gave me a grin, and I smiled back. Gray's hand was cold, but it warmed me up in a weird way. I felt warm inside, and my terrified shaking eventually completely stopped. I sat upright, fixing my arm onto the armrest while still letting Gray hold my hand. Gray's head came closer to mine as he whispered something into my ear, "Jump-scare coming up in a few seconds." I counted to five seconds and he was right. I wasn't as startled since I knew it was going to happen. I leaned towards Gray, "Thanks."

Gray's arm eventually slid under my arm while we were still holding hands. His body shifted towards me, as if offering his shoulder to lean on. I shifted my body so my head would rest onto his shoulder. I felt safer when I rested on him like this. It felt really safe, like no one would ever hurt me, like he would protect me from and threats. I liked this feeling.

Gray's POV

Lucy eventually sat upright, and she continued to hold onto my hand. Her frightened shakes eventually stopped; I could tell Lucy felt more at ease. I recognized the part the movie was at. Lucy was actually watching the movie how people are suppose too. I decided to let her know about the part coming up. I leaned my head towards her ear, "Jump-scare coming up in a few seconds." Lucy's eyes continued to stare at the screen, I could see her lip counting up, till she reached five and the jump-scare happened. Lucy wasn't startled this time, which made me feel good that I could help her in some way, shape or form.

A couple minutes passed and Lucy looked like she was about to start shaking again. I decided to shift my body so she could lean on my shoulder. I rearranged our arms so mine was under hers, and leaned my body onto the armrest we shared. I took her a moment, but she finally excepted my offer. She repositioned herself and leaned on my shoulder. I could feel my cheeks burn up a bit. I'm pretty sure they were as red as Erza's hair. I didn't think she would actually accept my offer, well what did you expect from her? A slap to the face? Well, actually, I did kind of expect that. I'm surprised it didn't happen. Then again, we are at a theater.

A while passed, the movie has another ten or twenty minutes. I looked over at Lucy and realized she fell asleep. She looked so... peaceful. Her head was snuggling my arm and I could feel her body move to her steady breathing. She gave off a little smile as she slept. She looked so cute sleeping. Am I starting to develop something for her? Right after my ex dumped me? I know I'm never going to hear the end of this, especially since Juvia kept hitting on me earlier. I don't know how to tell her I'm not interested. More so, not interested in her. We dated before, and she was way to clingy. It got really annoying. Since then Lyon developed a crush on her, and being the supportive or somewhat supportive brother  I am, I said go for it. I rested my head lightly onto hers and brought my other hand over to replace the one still holding hers. I wrapped my newly free arm around Lucy, trying carefully not to wake her up.

A minute or two before the movie was going to end, I decided to wake up Lucy. I nudged her a bit with my free arm. She wouldn't budge. I let her sleep till the movie ended so I wouldn't disturb everyone else. I didn't even notice. But the credits had already came on. Of course, the theater lights hadn't turned on yet, so no one moved.

As the end of the credits came, the theater lights turned on. Everyone from our group stared getting up and stretching. I turned towards Lucy again; she was still asleep. I shook her a little. She didn't wake up. I started worrying as a couple people from the group started looking over. I shook her a little more forcefully; she wasn't waking up. She was still breathing, but why won't she wake up? Soon enough, everyone in the group noticed and watched worriedly. I started panicking, "Lucy? Lucy, this isn't funny, wake up... Lucy!" She wouldn't wake up. Erza jumped over the seats and went onto Lucy's right side and lifted her shirt up a little, "Erza, what the hell are you doing?!"

"An infection..." Erza said, wide-eyed.

"What?!" I panicked. What did Erza mean 'an infection' what the hell. I looked over at what she was looking at. There was a scar and it looked bad. The surrounding area was red; not a normal red, an infected red. I repositioned Lucy's body to sit up on her own as I moved to get a closer look at it. Erza's right. Her wound is infected. What do we do? We don't have her parents' numbers. This is bad.

A/N: hey people who still support this. I hope you guys like the little POV switch up. I decided to give someone else the spotlight for a while. Also, don't blame me for anything I may have mentioned happened in Jigsaw cause I haven't been able to see the new one. That was the only horror movie I knew was in theaters so yeah. Work with me here. Okay, I'll wrap this up now. Leave a comment for suggestions, edits, etc. Till' next chapter my peeps!