Chapter 16 - Friday Night (Part I)

•Note: This chapter contains fowl language•

I walked into my closet and looked around for an outfit. I came across a pair of dark blue, denim shorts and a grey crop-top with loose sleeves running just past your elbow and black lace-looking patterns all around it. I threw the shirt and shorts on, grabbed my phone, and made my way out my closet and through my room. I opened my bedroom door and found myself face-to-face with my father. He looked down at me and I looked up.

"Excuse me, father." I locked my doorknob and started closing my door, waiting for my father to move so I can shut my locked door. After a moment, he finally gave up and moved, allowing me to shut my door. I made my way to the top of the staircase when he finally said something, "Where are you going?"

I turned towards him, "In town."

"With who?"

"Why do you care?" I looked him dead in the eyes when I said that, turned back towards the stairs, and made my way down. I went to the front door and put on my black, slip-on sneakers that are always on the mat, and walked out the front door. I slammed the door shut on my way out and quickly made my way down the front steps and down our walkway, ending at the sidewalk next to the road. I approached the end of the walkway and turned to the left, now walking along the empty road.

I reached the end of the street and turned the corner when I ran into someone, my head hitting their head. I stumbled to the ground, and so did-

"Lucy?"

"Gray?" I rubbed my forehead in pain, opening my eyes a little at the voice I heard, "ow. Is your jaw made of steel or something?" I asked sarcastically.

"Heh, you've got the wrong guy if you want a steel jaw." Gray stood up, one hand on his forehead while the other stretched down, offering me help up. I took his hand with my right hand and held my head with my left.

"Thanks."

"Least I can do for running into you."

"I think we ran into each other..." I replied.

"That's true. So, since I helped you up, what do I get in return?" He asked that with a playful smirk. I looked at him and smiled devilishly. I got closer to him and leaned up, grabbing his head smoothly and leaned it into mine. I kissed him for a long moment, then backed my head up a bit.

"Paid in full with a tip." I said jokingly.

"Thank you for the tip, ma'am."

"What can I say? I was satisfied with your service."

"Glad to know." His hands wrapped around my waist, him avoiding my scar again. His left hand dropped while his right hand was still holding me. He turned around, facing the way he came from, and guided me in that direction. After a moment of realization, I finally asked him a question.

"How did you know the way to my house?"

"Levy said her mom knew a lot of people around town, and your mom happened to hire her once to put a little party together for something at your father's job... or something."

"I mean, I would've just accepted that you're a stalker, but whatever."

"Now why would you think I'm a stalker?"