Chapter 28 - First Official Date

Lucy's POV

After leaving the cemetery, I realized it was still relatively early as we walked in the direction of the school to pick up Gray's car. I turned towards Gray.

"You wanna grab a bite to eat?"

Gray glanced at me before nodding. "Sure." He smiled back.

"Any specific place in mind?"

He turned towards me. "You're the one that asked; I thought you would have a place in mind?"

I looked towards him. "Pizza?"

He chuckled before looking down and shaking his head playfully. "You suck at this."

"Hey, that's why I'm practicing now. Practice makes perfect."

He started laughing at that while I let out a soft giggle.

"Let me show you how it's done."

He stopped walking which caused me to stop. I turned towards him as he cleared his throat.

"Lucy, would you like to go on a date with me for a bite to eat?"

I smiled at him. "I would love to, Gray."

He smiled at me before grabbing my hand and dragging me along with him. "I have the perfect place in mind."

I nod my head and smile back at him.

Gray's POV

I start guiding Lucy to the school so I can pick up my car and take her to the restaurant I had in mind.

My phone suddenly goes off and I feel Lucy jump at the sudden interruption. I look her way before giving her an apologetic smile.

I quickly answer and am met by the voice of my mother.

"Hello?"

"Gray, is Lucy with you? Her mother just wants to know if she's alright since something happened with her phone."

Oh, right... that's incident with the phone.

"She's fine, she's with me now. We were heading back to the school to pick up my car I won't be home till late tonight, and you don't have to worry about making me a plate for dinner."

"Aww, you're taking her on a date! That is so nice of you! Wait- how come you left the school without your car? Where did you go?"

I paused over the phone, mentally bracing myself and, I hope, my mother as well.

"I... Lucy took me to visit Mika...."

I felt myself slow to a stop and Lucy gently squeezed my hand for support. I gave her a grateful smile before hearing my moms voice again.

"I- I see..."

"You should stop by sometime... it's been a while since any of us went to visit."

"Yeah... *ahem* well, have fun. Act like a gentlemen. And Gray, I swear if you hurt her I'll kick your ass myself. Be home before midnight."

"Gotcha."

I hung up and looked over at Lucy who was studying me carefully. I smirked.