Chapter 19 - Threats & Past Pain

•Note: This chapter contains fowl language•

"Hi there, Lucy..."

I stood up and looked into the eyes of a now ex-friend. I watched as she stood there, arms crossed, looking down at me. "Juvia..."

"Remember what I told you? You know, about Gray?" She asked me in a sort of sinister tone.

"I do indeed remember, I just don't care about what you tell me to do." I stood up where I was and looked Juvia dead in the eyes.

"You should. I come from a very powerful family... I can outrank you any day, I can remove you from any place within the minute. I can control you if I really wanted to."

I slightly flinched, not knowing - and not wanting to know - what she meant by that, "Oh yeah? Just make me stop hanging out with Gray, I'd like to see you try."

Juvia uncrossed her arms and violently walked up in front of my face, "Listen here you little bitch, I can have you evicted from this shit-hole town if I really wanted to. You just stay silent and listen up: Stay. Away. From. Him. You got me?"

Her head looked slightly higher than mine, I moved back slightly and leaned inward, making myself look intimidating. "I don't give a shit about what you want me to do," I glared at her menacingly, "I'll do what I want to. 'You got me?'" I mocked her last question into my reply, seeing her expression turn into annoyed and agitated.

"Why yo-"

"Juvia? Lucy? Uh, what's going on?" I watched Juvia whip around and I looked past her head to see Gray standing there, watching us bicker amongst each other.

"Gray, Lucy and I were just having a friendly chat, right Lucy?"

"Yeah that's hard to believe since I heard you threatening her, isn't that right Juvia?" Gray answered for me.

"Grr. I'll get you one way or another, you hear me, Gray Fullbuster? You'll be mine again someday." She said all that while approaching him, standing under him, her face resting close to his. I watched Gray back his head up away from Juvia's, still looking down at her.

"I'll get a restraining order on you, you want me to go and do that?"

Juvia looked up at him in disbelief, "Hah, you wish you could restrain this." Juvia backed up a bit and posed, motioning towards herself.

"Don't test me, Lockser, I've got money on me right now."

"Grr, Fine!" Juvia turned back towards me, walking backwards past Gray and pointing at me, "You've won this round, Whore-filia."

I wasn't moved the slightest at her insults until now... Whore-filia? I stood there, my eyes widened, trying to hold myself together. Alas, I already broke and fell to the floor, Gray running to my aid, his hands resting on my shoulders.

"Lucy!? Are you alright?" Gray asked my with a concerned voice.

A took a deep breath and stood up, "Yeah, I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?"

I paused for a moment before answering, "yes... c'mon, I'm gonna get in trouble if I don't make it home in time." I looked at Gray as he nodded in agreement and began escorting me towards my shoes, not realizing I hadn't put them back on. I dumped out any sand in them and put them on, then Gray and I began walking towards my house.