Chapter 10 - Thanks

•Note: Fowl language used in this chapter•

Lucy's POV

I woke up in a very familiar room. What are the chances that I'd end up in the same room as I was in for my last surgery? I know it's the same room; there was a scratch on the wall near the T.V. There was another scratch at the end of the bed. This was definitely my previous room. I startled laughing.

A nurse from the desk outside the room came in, "Miss. Heartfilia, you're awake." I kept laughing, quietly. The nurse kept looking at me with a concerned grin, "Miss. Heartfilia? Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing, just... what are the odds I'd end up in the same room as I was with my last surgery. Oh, wait, you were one of the nurses who kept checking me as I recovered. How have you been?"

"I should be asking you the questions, dear. Give me a moment, I have to page your doctor that you are awake." I continued giggling, why is this so amusing?

"Okay, do you have any pain? Possibly from the scar?"

"No, feels fine."

The familiar nurse who's name I cannot remember kept asking me questions, which I answered truthfully. The nurse was wrapping up when my mother and father followed what I can only assume to be the doctor on my case.

"Mom, dad? How did you get here? How did you know?" As I said that I noticed another figure behind my parents. I paused trying to make out who it was, "Gray?"

He stayed silent, "Lucy why didn't you tell us your stitches came apart? When did it happen? Did it happen at you old school? Was it when you released a magical wave of energy?"

My mother interrogated me as she walked over to sit by my feet on the right side of the bed. My father stood at the foot of the bed as he watched my my mom interrogate me.

"Yeah, you never really asked how it happened." I replied to my mother.

"I think I'll go back to the waiting room and let everyone know you're awake." Gray finally spoke up.

"You guys waited?"

Gray started walking back to the waiting room before he could answer. I looked at my parents and told them the story for a hundredth how my stitches opened when I got picked up by a dumbass.

"Some guy picked me up and dug their hand into the scar opening a couple of stitches. I emitted a wave of magical energy and and was dropped to the floor. Few days later and now I'm here."

"I see." Was what my mother replied. My father, however, was a whole other story.

"Who did it? I'll have them expelled from that school and any other sch-"

"Dad, he's not worth it. In fact he's not even worth a singular penny. His value is in the negatives and it can't be brought back up."

My parents broke into a laugh, so did I... again. We sat there and laughed at my joke, well, it wasn't really a joke, it was the truth. He really wasn't worth anything.

After we had our moment of laughter, my mom spoke up to brake the silence, "Do you need anything? Water?"

"Um, do you know how I got here? No one told me."