Chapter 27 - Unexpected Events...

Lucy's POV

That little thing that clicked in me? Well let me tell you, it was a good click.

I nearly screamed at the sight, but not a scream of horror; one of fan girl.

Before me in a full on make-out session, was freaking Jellal and Erza! I could've sworn if they weren't in public, they would've been a bed by now. Probably.

They looked so adorable together. That would be so cool if they had a child with purple hair... wow, wait, getting way too ahead of myself.

I felt a presence behind me and immediately shot back around and shushed them.

Gray looked confused. I moved down a little and let him look around the corner with me at Jellal and Erza.

We both retreated and I was slightly confused by the smirk on his face. His eyes were still on the corner of the building while he mumbled to himself. "About time, man."

I glared at him before speaking. "Let them take as much time as they need. Oh, I, uh, meant to ask you earlier. Do you have any plans for the night?"

Gray thought about it for a moment. "No. Why, you gonna ask me on a date?" He questioned jokingly.

I stared him dead in the eye. "Gray, would you like to go out on a date with me?"

Gray's once full face of humor died down as he looked at Lucy. "I thought that was my job to ask? In any case, yes. I would love to, Lucy." He grinned.

I smiled. "Okay. Um, give me one second, I forgot something in my locker. We are gonna walk there."

Gray nodded and leaned against the building.

I walked back into the school and towards my mother's classroom instead. Hopefully she has-

"Lucy? What are you still doing here?" My thoughts were interrupted by my mother who was sitting at her desk when I walked into her class. I looked around and saw my goal.

"Mom, can I have a few of the flowers?"

Mom looked at the vase on her desk and pulled out a few flowers. "Here. You can explain later. What time will you be home? Are you going out with Gray again?"

I looked at her, not recalling I told her I've been hanging out with Gray. "How- uh, never mind. I'm not sure and yes. See you later and thanks for the flowers."

I hid the flowers in my bag just as I revived the text message from Ultear on the address. I know where this cemetery is.

I walked back out the school and met up with Gray again. "All right, I'm all set. Let's go."

Gray smiled and happily followed.

We began our ten minute walk. About two minutes away from the place, Gray has a slightly confused look and a little uncomfortable. I sighed and began speaking.

"Now, I know your average date is out to see a movie or something, but this isn't going to be your average date. I might have felt sorry for bringing someone up the other day, so I asked Ultear for a special place I can take you." I paused as we walked up to the cemetery gateway and walked in, beginning to walk towards the location Ultear gave me: five rows in, eight graves in.

I stopped as a gravestone with the familiar name Fullbuster stood out.

I glanced at Gray to see his face looked emotionless as he stood beside me. I kneeled down, unzipping my bag and pulling out the flowers.

I grabbed them and rested them directly in front of the grave.

"Hi, Mika. I'm the new girl in school. Your brother here has been showing me around and helping me. I just wanted to say your younger brother Gray is an amazing being and I wouldn't be here today without him, believe it or not. I'm sorry we couldn't meet in person, but I bet you would be so proud of Gray. Your younger sister, Ultear, helped me find you. I felt so sorry the other day for bringing up a sensitive topic to Gray, that I asked Ultear for a special place to take him. Here I am, meeting his oldest sister. I bet you would be so proud of him." By the time I finished talking, a few tears were streaming down my face.

I felt Gray kneel down beside me and began to wipe away the tears. I closed my eyes and adjusted my head to look down at the floor. I nearly jumped up, not expecting to hear Gray's voice speak.

"Hey, Mika. It's been a while. The last time I came here was to tell you that I've been hangin' out with this amazing girl, and I finally cut all strings with Juvia." Gray paused as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I think it's time to fill you in since then. Turns out, my ex is a crazy psychopath. When Lucy said she wouldn't be here today without me, she meant it. Juvia tried to kill her. It was coincidental I was there, but I'm glad I was.

I'm not sure if I would've ever brought any of my girlfriends here, but I'm glad Lucy did." His voice cracked when he said my name.

"Unlike anyone I've dated, she went the extra mile to find a special place. No ones ever done that, thus why you have met her now."

A few free flowing tears slid down my face as I listened to Gray talk to Mika.

"Hell, she isn't even my girlfriend, yet. Which is why I think it should be official."

My eyes shot open and I looked at Gray, who was already staring at me.

"Lucy Heartfilia, will you be my-"

"Yes." I interrupted. I covered my mouth in shock at my words. Then I removed it and smiled. "Yes, Gray. I would love to."

I moved my right hand to cup his cheek and wipe away the trail where a single tear fell. He did the same except with my multiple years.

I turned and looked at the grave. "I want to thank you for helping create such a good man. Whether you meant to or not, I can tell you were a big inspiration to him. Thank you."

I looked back at Gray. "Want to go on a real date with dinner or something?" I asked.

Gray cupped my face and kissed me gently and slowly, yet full of passion. He pulled away slowly. "Lucy, this was a real date. And I thank you for this date. It's definitely the best one I've had. Though it was in a cemetery, you went the extra mile to find this place. No one has done that for me. Thank you." He turned back towards Mika's tombstone. "I'll see you later, Mika." He whispered the last part.

He helped me up and we began walking away. I stopped and turned around. "I hope we can meet each other again someday." I waved at the tombstone as Gray guided me towards the exit.

He suddenly stopped short and kissed me again; a quick peck before pulling away. "Thank you again."

I smiled at him and gave him a slightly longer peck. "Anytime, Gray."

A/N: you guys are still enjoying this? You know, when I began writing, I never expected a single view. Now look at it, 800+

I want to thank you guys for supporting this so much. It may seem like nothing, but it literally means everything to me. Thank you.

Anyways, what do you think will happen next time? Did you expect Gray to ask Lucy the girlfriend question? Tbh, I didn't really plan to do it in this chapter.

Alright, well, I'll see you later, gatorz ^-^