Chapter 9 - Infection

•Note: Fowl language used in this chapter•

Gray's POV
I've never been so worried in my life. I sat in the waiting room with the rest of the group as the doctors examined her infection. How could I let this happen. She was next to me the entire time, I should've noticed. No, there was no way of you noticing it. You didn't know she had an open wound. No one would've known but Erza. That being said, how did Erza know?

A women that looked like Lucy walked through the waiting room doors, panicked. Closely behind was a man with the same blonde hair as Lucy's and Lucy's look-a-like. I realized that they are her parents', it was as obvious as day. I also realized that the Lucy look-a-like was one of my professors. They walked up to the receptionist desk. I stood up and walked up behind them.

"Mr. and Mrs. Heartfilia? I'm Gray, one of the people who went to the theater with Lucy."

"What happened to her?! Where is she?! Professor Layla asked, still panicked. Her husband, I'm assuming it was her husband, put a serious yet panicked look on his face.

"Well, we were stirring next to each other, and she fell asleep. At the end of the movie I tried waking her up but she wouldn't wake up. Then one of our friends, Erza, she came over and saw an infection on her wound. We took her here as soon as we saw it. I had to carry her, if you're wondering how she got here."

"I see..." Professor Layla replied a little agitated. I looked down slightly and offered to guide them to a couple of available seats. Most of the waiting room was being occupied by everyone from the theater, so I gave Professor Layla my seat while her husband took the seat next to her. It was the only other empty seat near the group, so I decided to sit on the window sill, which was a bit away from the group. After how I let her stay asleep, I didn't want to be near anyone. I couldn't be near anyone. I sat there, by head looking out the window, yet looking down at the same time. A tear rolled down my face. Why am I worried? I called her a bitch for her accidentally running into me. I don't deserve to worry about her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, then a voice, "I knew because the other day her stitches opened. Her first day hear, we sat together. I was asking her something when I noticed blood seeping through her shirt. It's my fault, I should've told someone her stitches opened. She asked me to keep it a secret, so I did."

Why wouldn't she tell anyone?! She knows her mother is a professor, we have the same class! I repositioned myself to make Erza's hand fall off my shoulder, "Leave me be." My voice was a little shaky when I said that. I heard her footsteps get quieter as she walked back to her seat. More tears rolled down my face. Why the hell are you crying?! Stop crying!

I heard doors open, "I'm looking for whoever's here for a 'Lucy Heartfilia'?"

Lucy's POV

I started falling asleep during the movie. I felt safe leaning on Gray's arm. I felt a little weak when I started falling asleep. I'm sure it was nothing. Soon enough, I did fall asleep. It's weird how it feels like hours pass when you fall asleep.

After a while I felt my body move; it was rocking back and forth slightly. I tried to wake up. Why can't I wake up? The shaking stopped. I still tried to wake up, but I couldn't. I felt too weak.

A couple more minutes passed. The shaking came back, my body was being shaken back and forth slightly; then more violently. I tried waking up, I wanted to wake up. I couldn't wake up. I felt a little sick. I felt sick, and weak, and I can't wake up. My right side felt cold, like someone lifted up my shirt. Then I realized it; my scar. I felt someone pick me up bridal style; then my body wasn't being shaken anymore: Someone was running with me in their arms.