Chapter 17 - Friday Night (Part II)

•Note: This chapter contains fowl language and a steamy scene near the end, but not a lot of detail, read with caution, unless you're into that, than by all means, be carefree•

Gray and I walked around the arcade, me now using a grocery bag to hold all my tickets while Gray's could fit in his pockets. We walked over to ski-ball machines and I looked at him, "one more?"

He pondered about my question, looked at how many tokens it accepted, counting the remaining tokens we had, and finally answered. "Why not? We've got enough for three rounds of this it looks like."

I stood in front of the machine I wanted to use while Gray stood to the machine to my right. He grabbed the tokens and placed one in my machine, one in his, and one in the middle of the two machines. The ski-ball machines began, allowing me to grab the first ball.

"5,000... 100... 1,000... 10,000... 100... 500..."

The machine repeated the amount of points I got each time my ball went in to score points. I looked down at the slot and realized I had no more rolls. I looked up and saw my finishing score: 16,700 points. I reached my hand down to the last coin, forgetting it was the last coin, and instead felt a hand. I felt my cheeks flush pink and followed the hand along its muscular arm and met eyes with Gray. We both had flushed faces, and back away at the same time.

"You take it." Gray said.

"No, you paid, you take it."

"Please, I asked you out, you take it."

"But-"

"Gray?" I heard a familiar voice coming from behind us, or more so to the side of us.

We both turned and saw a blue haired girl, looking seductively at Gray, "Juvia? What are you doing here?" Gray was the first to break the silence.

"I thought I sensed a real, good looking, sexy man nearby, and look what I've caught..." She walked up to Gray and draped herself over him, her eyes pleading him to pick her up bridal-style.

"Juvia, get off me." Gray said annoyed.

"Why? Surely you want someone like me instead of this amateur." Juvia looked at me when she said 'amateur' and put emphasis on the word. Amateur!? What the fuck!? I thought we were friends, but this bitch has been going over board recently.

"Juvia, it's not polite to insult people. Especially when they can hear you and especially when they're on a date with the man you are trying to hit on. Now get off me before I get a restraining order on you. I've seriously been considering it lately..." Gray's threatening voice was soothing in some odd way. It actually sounded kinda... sexy. Juvia stood up violently and gave me a death glare.

"Watch your back, hussy, cause I will get my man back..." and with that, she stomped off.

My eyes widened, I stood there, staring at the floor near my feet, remembering my days at Fiore High, "I need to use the bathroom." I blurted and took off towards the bathroom in the arcade. I walked into the bathroom, quickly checked if I was alone, and rested my hands on the sink, still recalling my miserable days. I closed my eyes, trying to hold back tears. Alas, my dam already broke and made its way to my eyes, starting off with a few droplets, to several, to full on crying... sobbing. I wiped them away and looked at my pathetic reflection. Not again...