Chapter 21 - One Month Left

•Note: This chapter contains fowl language•

Gray's POV

•Time Rewind: Meeting Lucy•

Today's been a shit day. First I was late, then I missed my first class, and now I'm arguing with Juvia, probably my soon-to-be ex-girlfriend... again. I completely zoned out and had no idea what she was yammering on about.

"Are you even listening Gray!?"

"No, actually, I'm not. Care to fill me in?"

"UGH! You're so annoying sometimes! I was talking about the fact that you flirt with other girls! You know I don't like that."

"First of all, I don't. Second of all, do you even have proof that I did something I didn't do? How would you know?"

"Oh, I know. How about that one girl with the purple hair! I saw you with her!"

"The only purple haired girl I know is one I'm working on a project with. Look Juvia, if you can't trust me in a relationship then-" I stopped myself, not wanting to say the next part.

"We're done Gray Fullbuster." Juvia finished my thought. Even though she's a major pain in the ass, I didn't want it to end like this. Somewhere deep down, I actually cared about the previously stable relationship we had.

I watched her storm off while I leaned against a nearby locker, feeling a little broken, and relieved. My silence was interrupted by a familiar voice. "Hey Gray, you okay?"

"Ultear, hey. I guess I'm eh right now..."

"Yeah, I kinda heard about you and Juvia... sorry about that." I stood back up and faced Ultear.

"It's fine. We were always on and off. I think I'm finally done with it-"

I stumbled forward, loosing my balance for a moment after someone ran into me. With that shove, I don't know what happened, but I had snapped.

"Hey! Watch it, blondie! What's your deal?" I turned around to see a blonde girl with gorgeous, apologetic, chocolate eyes staring at me. My god... wh- who is this? Why am I feeling this nervous, I'm normally calm and collected...

"Gray, calm down, it was an accident."

"Tsk. Whatever, let's go." I turned around and started walking to my locker, immediately regretting not apologizing for my outburst. What is this feeling? Butterflies in my stomach? Nervous and light headedness?... I don't like to believe in that 'love at first sight' crap, but, was this it? It couldn't be, I'm jumping to conclusions.... it's probably just me having a bad day... yeah, that's gotta be it...

I gathered my things from my locker and shouted down the hall, "Ultear! You coming or what?"

I saw Ultear wave to the blonde girl and come towards me, "Jesus, Gray. You need to chill. What happened back there? You normally never snap like that."

"I don't know,... I guess I've just had a shit day. Who was that by the way? I don't think I've seen her around before."

"Oh, she just moved here. Her name is Luc- wait a minute, why do you want to know?"

"No reason." I looked forward, seeing out of the corner of my eye that Ultear was examining my face.

"Oh my god, your blushing! You like her don't you?"