(10)

Wynter ~ ice cream failure

I felt her body shiver against mine. Her hands clutched tightly around my arm. Why had this Ruby chic make Tami so shaken up? With a small smile I sit her down in the booth of the ice-cream parlour and crouch in front of her.

Tami was looking at the table, tears laying on her eyelashes before they fall. "We're at the ice-cream parlour. You wanted ice-cream didn't you?" I ask carefully, squeezing her hand. She only nods, sniffling. "Alright. What flavour? I think they have Cherry Bomb." Tami shrugs.

"Cherry Bomb, please." She whispers. I smile softly and kiss her forehead.

"Cherry Bomb it is! Mmm maybe I'll have that too." A small little smile greets her lips and she looks up, light shinning a bit in her eyes. I think I'm helping her cheer up. "I'll be back in a tic." Tami nods and I get up, the feeling of her eyes on my back. I'm just hoping she feels better. Whoever this Ruby girl is, she totally hurt my Tam Tam.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The server asks.

"Can I get two Cherry Bomb cones." She nods.

"That's $6.50." I hand her the change and wait for the ice-cream. Not even a second later, ice-cream was in my hands and I was walking towards Tami and the booth. My eyes darken when the Ruby girl was standing in front of our booth. Tami was crying, her hands in fists. I storm over and pull the girl away by the collar.

"Okay you little bitch. Tami doesn't want to talk to you and I don't even want you anywhere near her." I I shove the ice-cream in her face and on her clothes before picking up Tami and walking out of the store and to the car. That bitch has ruined today. That bitch made Tami cry!

I buckle the crying Tami and climb into my side. She continues to sob so I clutch her hand and drive back to my place. Mum wont be home yet so thats good. I don't know what Tami would do if she was seen crying in front of mum. "Tami sweetie, its okay." I tried to calm her down but she just continued the water works.

Sighing, I drove a little faster and my house came in sight. I park the car and get out, picking up Tami and walking inside. "Tam, you have to calm down. You'll make yourself sick if you keep crying." I place her on the bed and cuddle her. She instantly cuddles into me, wetting my shirt.

"S-s-sorry." she whispers. I caress her hair.

"Don't worry about it." I say and watch as she closes her eyes, breathing calming. Slowly, I get up and pick her phone up and find her mothers contact.

It rings until it clicks, "Hi sweetheart!"

"Hello Mrs Yamashita?"