pet store

Me and Myrick walked into the pet store and had been greeted with a loud bird. I leaned back and tried to get away from it, while Myrick on the other hand, went right to the bird. He's got an odd fascination with them.

I don't really like birds, dogs, or even cats. I like rats and mice! This all may sound weird coming from a lacrosse player but they're so cute. Myrick thinks their gross and should never be anywhere near a house, or even get any love. I still convinced him to let me take one home today, it was hard doing it though, he's stubern. Anyway,  that's what would explain why we're here.

I started to pull Myrick towards the rodent area, all the while hearing his groan. Set on making it to the rodent area, he knew that he would lose the fight and just gave in. Walking over to the cages I seen some bunnies and thought they were cute but bunnies never really worked for me. Continuing into the area I heard distant giggling, like it was coming from a kid or a young girl. I started to follow the sound and doing so took in my own surroundings. When I reached the noise I seen a little girl with a box in her hand, her mom holding a cage and food for whatever she had gotten.

I walked little closer and finally seen the person talking to the girl. He had faded green hair and at least four piercings in his face. The kid and mom walked passed me which brought his attention to me. He greeted me with a warm smile and small wave, " hello, what are looking for sir?" His voice was kind of scratchy but still in a way smooth. I looked at him with awe, he had no shame at all. Tattoos covering his arms and snake bites in his lip, along with the hair, he just didn't care. I loved it.

"Well I'm looking for the curly haired rats, Do you guys have any?" He took a minute to think and bursted into a smile, like he was a kid getting candy. Next thing I know, I'm being pulled around the rodent area by a punk dude. We finally came to a stop and I looked around for Myrick, but he was long gone. The punk boy pointed and started with, "these cute little dudes right? No one really wants them because they look so mean, but I think they deserve more..." he ended his words with a fond smile and turned to me for acknowledgment.

"Well aren't you just....kind...sorry" after I said it I had realized I had probably insulted him and imedtaitly apologised. He turned to me with the same warm smile and looked back at the rats. "Well actually a lot of people say that, but I'm really just a big softie. Mostly because of these little guys, I mean look at them!" He started flailing his arms around in the direction of said cutness. He wasn't that bad looking though, a little big for my type but oh well. I meant the rats guys come on, stick with me here.

"Yes, I do want one of these little dudes, and maybe a date? I am kinda poor though...so, at home date sound good?" I asked him sheepishly and he was shocked that I asked him. Was it that bad? "Oh....oh my god, I'm so sorry-" maybe I got it wrong? "- I thought you were straight so I didn't make a move on you! Ugh sorry" oh...I  wasn't expecting that to come out.

"Yeah, I don't really look or even act the part, but I'm actually bi. So kinda straight" I laughed awkwardly and then changed the subject back to the rats. After a few more minutes we were at the counter with a cute little grey guy. The punk boy handed me my change and grabbed my hand, "by the way, my name is Tobi and if it's cool, I'll take you out for lunch?" I suddenly lost control of my head and nodded yes. A second later Myrick was pulling me out of the store to set my new pet up at home.

"Oh yeah, my name's Joshua!" I yelled before I couldn't see Tobi. I looked at Myrick and told him everything, I was happy excited and all that until those stupid words came out of Myricks mouth. "What if he's the top and thats why he wanted to pay for the lunch or date?" Aaaannnd thank you Myrick, I love having small panic attacks because of words I try to keep for later.