Pointy Ears

Me being a barbarian is harsh. The name sounds honorable, but the looks don't always match up with the personality or the name.

Of course along with these things, we have a hard time finding a lovemate. Sure, we could just love between our own kind, but some of us wish to travel or fight wars with other clans or to just find a new land to call home. I am one of the few in my clan who decided to leave home and find a new land. After being named a clan warrior you have the choice of staying or roaming the lands. Always able to come home if need be.

During my travels I somehow met a Viking king, who then wished that I join his caravan. I agreed and learned more about the other creatures in the world. Coming to love some creatures and there ways. Although they are beautiful, elves were mean. I did think that I could try to love them for them and not their beauty, but I could not. All the elves I have met in my travels so far have been mean, but the king tells me that where we are going they won't be.

I agreed to learn but I also agreed because I knew i wasn't that different from the vikings around me. Barbarians were in a way more nature loving than the vikings were.

Another night passess of tales and great stories of our home lands and our gods. The morning sun comes to wake us, but when I open my eyes I did not see my tent, my armor, nor my steed. What I saw angered me, until a great creature a top an elk looked down at me with fear. I'm sure her eyes held more fear than mine. My anger flooded back into me when I seen the king of elves rode up next to the beautiful creature.

He spoke to our king and soon untied all but me. He looked at me with hate and I looked away knowing my travels would come to an end. Hearing the words from the elf, my king began to plead. All of this because of a war years ago, but no longer an issue. Soon I heard harsh steps against the dirt around me, awaiting my death I leaned forward knowing my family would soon receive my head, I wished it to be as clean as possible.

Hearing a hatchet slide from it's sheeth a was prepared for what was to come, until....it never came. I lifted my head and opened my eyes to see the stunning elf protect my throat.

"You shall not take an innocent life, father.." Hearing the voice I realised this stunning creature was the son of the elvish king. The king looked at his son in horror then soon have in and nodded, turning to speak with my king. The creature turned to me and wiped tears I hadn't known I'd shed.

"I asked my father to spare you...." he spoke softly, " but you must give something in return." I nodded and asked what it was he needed, somehow feeling as if I never wanted to leave his side. He answered.

"You must stay with me, as my king."
I stood with him accepting what my future was to become, thinking I should fight against this, but I wish not to. I wish to stay amongst this beauty and ride along his side for the rest of our lives.

"I, Anexin, shall stay by your side for the rest of our lives and hope to bring you happiness through out your time." I know now what attacked me most with elves, it was those damned pointy ears. Those ears I will never forget.