Prologue

The man with the iron mask, otherwise known as Checkerface, or Kawahira was having seemingly normal day when an orange light, much like the one he despised, had shone.

When the light was gone, a dimly-lit pacifier had appeared, bobbing up and down slightly. Sighing, he held a hand out to grab the item.

What on earth happened?

---
Bermuda had no idea what went wrong.

It had been a seemingly normal day, with him feeding his night flames to the pacifiers.

However, the sky pacifier had rejected his flames.

It was as if the object had a mind of its own, suddenly breaking out of its container and disappearing in a flash of light.

Feeling nothing but panic, he decided to swallow his pride and contact Checkerface, who then confirmed that the pacifier had been found in his house.

It could only mean to one thing.

Dread filled his mind as he felt anger and sympathy for the person that would have to bear the curse once more.

There was nothing he nor the Vindice would be able to do.

---

The years had been kind to Sawada Tsunayoshi.

He had been training hard and was steadily growing stronger. Plus,his bond with his guardians remained as strong as ever.

He was content.

But the moment he had fallen asleep, he knew that things would have to change.

Tsuna, had he been his fifteen-year old self may have merely let out a shrill shriek, then cowered away by hiding behind Reborn.

But years of different experiences and fights matured him immensely.

Thus, he only groaned tiredly when he had found himself floating in a blank white space, with an item that he had not seen for months now.

The Sky Pacifier.

As he floated closer to the cursed item, its amber glow steadily increased. He shuddered, his intuition was screaming at him to get away.

But how could he, when he was stuck in a dream? Echoey whispers soon called out, bringing forth a prophecy.

'The one that shines bright,
shall be the one to lose his light.
Chosen to bear twin skies,
yet one shall bring his demise.
He is the first,
and also the last.'

As the last of the echos died down, Tsuna closed his eyes and sighed. There would be no use crying anyways.

No matter how unfair he felt that it was, he had been chosen.

---

Kawahira had visited several potential holders of the sky pacifier, eventually narrowing it down to just three choices.

Dino of the Chivarone Famiglia. Xanxus of the Varia.
Shiro of the Gigli Famiglia.

Sitting on a cushion, he sipped his tea and considered the candidates.

No doubt Bucking Horse Dino would seek help from the former Sun Arcobaleno, Reborn.

Xanxus knew Decimo, making it plenty convinient. But Shiro was merely an allied famiglia, which may cause alot of problems for the young don.

A knock on his door broke him from his thoughts but as soon as he opened the door, annoyance gave way to confusion.

He was confused to find a familiar brunet standing at his doorstep, facial expressions revealing no emotion.

"...You?" He asked, before stopping when he found that he was too surprised to finish his sentence.

But the brunet merely smiled as he stepped inside, seemingly knowing where he was going.

...Huh?

An orange hue started to emit from the pacifier that had been forgotten on the table.

Kawahira blinked as Tsuna held a hand out, the pacifier floating to his hands.

His black orbs widening as he watched the scene, before they turned solemn with regret.

"...I see .Sawada Tsunayoshi, the pacifier has deemed you worthy. You are the first one that the Sky Pacifier chose to be the bearer itself. I...offer you my deepest apologises."

There was no reply.

Instead, Tsuna merely gave a small nod as he placed a hand on Kawahira's shoulder.

He knew by the dull ache settled upon his body, that the curse had started.

"I have accepted my destiny. You can put your guilt to rest."

Smiling sadly, Kawahira faced the boy.

"The doors of my house shall always be open to you."

I'm so sorry.

*edited on 25.12.17*
*edited on 03.04.18*
*edited on 18.08.18*