Hope and Despair

"Dame-Tsuna, explain. Now."

Reborn threatened, face darkening when Tsuna swallowed, refusing to answer his question.

The guardians, on the other hand, were merely overjoyed and filled with relief. So much that they even attempted to run into their sky's arms.

But they were stopped by Reborn's stern glare, wilting like a sad puppy.

"How did you learn how to wield such powerful flames?"

Again, Tsuna stayed silent.

His flames were unable to take the strain.

It...hasn't been 45 minutes yet-!

The brunet felt a warm liquid rise from his throat, the distinct taste of copper lingering in his mouth even after he swallowed the liquid down.

"Kyehehe~!"  Shrill laughter rang out.   "Die Decimo!"

Everyone's gazes snapped back to Lorenzo and Tsuna cursed softly at himself for lowering his guard. He made a move to stop Lorenzo's actions but alas, was too late.

The man whipped out a remote from his back pocket, before punching the ominous red button stationed at the centre of the device.

If the situation hadn't been as dire, Tsuna would had laughed at the scene. Lorenzo look too much like a mad scientist.

...Nothing happened.

Rather anti-climatic, Tsuna had to sat.

But as seconds of stunned stillness trickled by, strange fumes began to enter the vents.

Reborn struggled to on his feet while Tsuna froze, feeling hot bile rise up his throat once more as hot searing pain overwhelmed his exhausted body.

Man, I really need to stop jinxing myself.

He was fully aware of what those fumes were. His Hyper Intuition helped to confirm that fact.

The sensation was foreign to Tsuna, having only become an arcobaleno recently. But judging on Reborn's reaction, apparently both current and previous arcobalenos could still be affected by the radiation.

"Now your beloved tutor can't help you anymore~" Lorenzo paid no mind to Tsuna's whirring thoughts, making the brunet twitch.

He growled lowly and pushed himself to go into Hyper Dying Will mode once more.

"You're going to pay for that!"

Please... give me more time...

Adrenline began to course through his veins, and the pain of the curse was pushed into the background. His mind and body held only a single purpose - To fight.

With a sudden boost of strength, Tsuna flew towards Lorenzo. The silver blade lay abandoned as he donned his Vongola Gear, something that soothed the bud of anxiety within him almost instantly.

..I'll need to hurry up. Can't afford to feel the backlash if I run out of time before the fight ends...

Lorenzo cackled as he swung his scythe wildly. Tsuna dodged the clumsy swings gracefully and managed to land a punch on the blond's face.

"Yes~" The man yelled, pure escatsy painted on his face. "Give me more~"

The midnight-black scythe burst into night and storm flames as Lorenzo wobbled on his feet unsteadily. It was an unexpected turn of events.