Mask Exposed

"Good morning, Jyuudaime!"

The ever-loyal puppy, Gokudera yelled as he greeted Tsuna. Yamamoto was not far behind, an easy-going smile on his face as he waved to the brunet.

Tsuna smiled, albeit strained as he made his way to school.

Two months had passed since his guardians and Reborn had returned. Somehow, the elements had melted their way into Tsuna's heart once more. It was almost as if they hadn't ignored Tsuna for a few months before.

But Tsuna wasn't happy. Not at all.

Though not completely, the plan he had worked so hard on was falling apart.

And it really did hurt. He didn't like seeing his guardians fake their happiness. It was obvious they just wanted to be done with him.

Although it did come with some merit. Bullies never really bothered him anymore, unless his guardians conviniently decided to forget about him all over again, choosing to focus on their own problems first, which unfortunately, happened often.

Yamamoto and Ryohei were busy with their own clubs, while Gokudera had joined the newly-formed Occult club to 'hunt down UMAs'. Mukuro and Chrome were spending time training together while Hibari had taken to fighting Reborn.

It was kinda strange how the others had woven their way around Tsuna. The brunet could have snorted at the irony.

Some sky I am...

When the school bell had rang, Gokudera and Yamamoto zoomed out of the class. Tsuna was once again, totally forgotten.

I prefer when they'd just outright ignore me...

It was really a pain to smile when he didn't want to. He had figured out of the 'connection' he held with his guardians and had used his sky flames to block it in order to not let them suffer sudden waves of anguish.

And yes, he did figure it all by himself. Contrary to popular belief, Tsuna was not stupid. Rather, he was a prodigy.

Once again, fate had decided to kick him in the ass. Had his flames not been sealed, he would have had a chance at a normal, carefree childhood.

Tsuna would be eternally grateful to Kawahira, who had upon realising the reasons behind his apparent clumsiness, unsealed them.

Thus, Tsuna never tripped on air anymore, math suddenly seemed to make sense.

The epiphany that he really was more intelligent than he was lead to believe, was when he realised that he could have easily aced his tests, and probably answer university levelled questions.

But Tsuna didn't, of course. What was the point of attracting all that attention? Plus, it would definitely arise suspicion.

...Not that anyone would believe that he actually did it without cheating.

"Bang!"

Tsuna flinched when his desk was suddenly slammed on. Osamu and Mochida stood proudly beside it.

What did the desk ever do to you?

He gazed at the duo warily, his grip on his book bag tightening slightly.

"...Yes?"

Mochida scoffed as he gripped Tsuna's collar.

"Don't 'yes?' me, Dame-Tsuna. You really are a coward you know? You think I don't know that you paid Gokudera and Yamamoto to protect you?"

"Oh? But looks like the little Dame has just been abandoned~"

Osamu continued, his voice sickeningly sweet. Tsuna lowered his head, blocking his amber eyes from their view.