Kat's Birthday

Kat fit right in with his guardians. It had made Tsuna jealous, but he ultimately brushed aside his jealousy and was happy for the girl.

After all, Kat had never really had a chance to make friends when she was with her old famiglia and-

"-Get back to your squats, Dame-Tsuna." Reborn ordered when he saw the boy zoning off and fingered his gun.

Tsuna frowned internally at the pain that had erupted in his chest but managed to screech out. "Hieee!!! R-Reborn! Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"

Displeasure was written all over the hitman's face. "Well then, get on with it!" Tsuna screeched once more and continued his training, trying his hardest to ignore the hot searing pain bubbling in the depths of his stomach.

---

Three hours later, the brunet collapsed onto the ground. Oh god... I might not even be able to keep my lunch down if this keeps up...

He watched with a slightest bit of hurt when Reborn had just walked away. "Go back to the house soon, Dame-Tsuna."

But once Tsuna was sure that Reborn was out of sight, he emptied his lunch- Or what remained of it. He hadn't eaten in over ten hours since he had skipped breakfast.

With a blurry vision, he noted that there was blood mixed in the bile.

I'm getting weaker...

At this rate, I won't even make it to my next birthday... and it's only May...

Slumping to the ground, the boy faded in and out of conciousness. Black stars clouded his vision as he spat more blood out, coughing as he did so.

He whimpered, clutching the dreaded pacifier tightly as he felt his world fade into white.

Cold...

So cold...

---

Kat frowned and glanced worriedly at the clock, unable to keeo still.

Tsu-kun isn't back yet?

The door suddeny clicked open and she, thinking that it was Tsuna.

"Ts-....? Oh....It's just you, Reborn? Where's Tsuna-kun?" Kat questioned, deflating almost instantly.

Reborn remained emotionless as he walked past her. "Don't know, don't care. He should be able to get back from the forest alone."

Immediately, the girl's temper flared and she shook in silent fury. How dare he? No, how dare they?

Calm down...They just don't know that Tsu-kun's cursed...

The more rational side of her reasoned gently. Kat took a deep breath and went back to the dining room, dinner already being fixed by Nana.

She sat at her seat and stared, observing her surroundings while she waited for Tsuna to arrive back home. As she did this, she noted that there was something different in the air.

Gokudera, Onii-san- as she was instructed to call, and Lambo were strangely silent, a rare sight for ones that usually caused people migraines.

Yamamoto, on the other hand, was devoid of his usual laughter and even had a rare serious expression on his face.

Plhs, Mukuro was behaving properly while Chrome was oddly twitchy.

Reborn was sipping his expresso, but occasionally glanced at the clock, seemingly trying to act discreet.

At that, emerald eyes twinkled as she smirked slightly, unseen by the others.

So they actually still care for Tsu-kun...