Missing Princess

Tapping his fingers impatiently on his desk, Tsuna sighed as he attempted to listen to Nezu-Sensei's utter bullcrap.

Honestly... Just fire that fake elite already! He snapped inwardly, lips twisted into a silent snarl.

The brunet was feeling extremely moody today. Why? Why, because it was his spartan tutor Reborn's birthday!

....And the last time he had celebrated a birthday, it hadn't exactly gone well.

Plus, his birthday was the day after.

Apart from the fact that it would remind Tsuna of his loneliness, his birthday would also be a milestone. It marked down the remaining days he had left and Tsuna hated it.

He was weakening - His deadline was drawing closer.

The bruent's muscles felt like they were on fire now and it took almost all of Kat's sun flames to even get him out of bed in the morning at times.

The orange pacifier was already 3/4s clear as well.

Just then, the school bell rang and Tsuna watched on as Gokudera and Yamamoto hurried out of class to greet the hitman at his house.

Ignoring his muscles' aching protests, he stood up from his seat and tried to go home, if it even counted as one now.

Keyword being tried.

As soon as he passed his classroom door, the boy was tackled by Mochida and was taken to the bathrooms to be thrown into a vandalised stall.

Crude words began to pour from the Kendo Captain's mouth. Words that would had left much more than a fleeting mark on him months ago was now met with indifference.

He supposed that having the knowledge that you were going to die soon was the cause of the numbness encompassing him.

And as Mochida punched and kicked, hurling insults again and again, Tsuna did nothing more than wonder just what was causing Mochida to get so... angry?

He didn't make so much of a squeak. After all, the pacifier brought him a pain harsher than any physical wounds could ever offer. And even then, he had just gritted his teeth and taken it.

After about ten minutes of Mochida's harsh beating, the punches gradually weakened and the boy deduced that it was merely due to the fact that the captain was tiring.

He was right - Mochida had left him slumped against the wall of the stall.

After picking himself up and wincing at the soreness of his body, Tsuna dropped the illusion of his hidden med-kit and began cleansing his wounds.

....before deciding to check the time-

-and curse.

It was 3.45 and Reborn's party would start in 15 minutes.

Forgetting about his bruises, Tsuna picked up his dirty book-bag and ran home.

---

Standing outside his door, Tsuna started feeling nervous. He could already hear the excited chatterings of Kat and his guardians.

But nonetheless, the brunet pushed aside his fear and swung the door open.

The house turned deadly silent.

Hiding a grimance and the pitiful whimper threatening to make its way up his throat, Tsuna quickly made his way upstairs and slammed the door to the bathroom shut.

He looked at himself in the mirror and flinched.

A horribly bruised boy with tired, dead eyes and pale skin stared back at him. Tsuna couldn't even recognise himself from the young, lively and spirited boy from just a year ago.