New beginnings

Parseltongue
Thoughts

     I decided to get some shopping done, after I left Gringotts. I was pretty sure I needed a new wand, but Olivander's was out of the question. The only problem was, I didn't know if there was a wand shop in Knockturn Alley, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to look. I was about to cast  a glamour on myself, but then I realized that I did not look like the "Golden Boy" anymore so I just left it. 

   I found a wand shop in Knockturn Alley pretty quickly, but couldn't read the name of it. Which for some reason did not seem very weird, so I shrugged it off, and went into the shop.  As I entered the shop a small chime sounded. A tall lanky figure cloaked in black stepped out of a room, and behind the counter. 

   "Oh, hello I am Octavius, I assume you need a wand," the man said as he removed his cloak. He had long gray hair half tied up, half down, brown eyes, and pale slightly wrinkled skin.

  "Yes sir, however, I have a few questions before we proceed," I said respectfully. He nodded, and then gestured for me to continue.

"First, are these wands pre-made, or made to the magical needs of a wizard?"

"They are made to the specifications of each wizard," he said calmly.

"Are they untraceable?"

"If you wish them to be," he answered again.

"Ok, thank you, that is all I needed to know," I said nicely.

"Alright, to start, I am going to set a selection of woods in front of you, I need you to wave your hand over each, and stop on the one that has the most magical pull," he said, and then set eight types of wood on the counter.

I waved my hand over them, the one with the strongest pull seemed to be dark pine, and I pointed it out to Octavius. He nodded, grabbed the wood, an then put the rest of the woods away. Then he set a large tray of items, all of which looked to be in vials, pieces, slivers, or strings.

 "Next are the cores, do not be alarmed if you have more than one pull. Each wand can have up to three, and one may be liquid, do the same as you did with the woods," I nodded and again waved my hands over the tray.

    Three things on the tray had the strongest magical pulls, they were a reddish black string, a vial of something, and a tattered piece of cloak. 

"Peculiar," he said with a nod, I must have looked confused because he gave a smile and started explaining the cores.

"The cores you have picked are, dragon heart-string, dementor cloak, and basilisk venom, a very deadly trifecta of cores," he explained before setting the rest of the cores back under the counter.  

"Alright, this will take about two and a half hours, what name should I put the order under," he asked nonchalantly.

"Harry Evans," I said without hesitation, Octavius nodded, before taking my cores, and wood with him to the back, I took that as my queue to leave, and walked out of the store. I wondered if maybe I had a familiar, and decided to head to the Magical Menagerie, just to check. 

As I walked into the store, I waved to the teen behind the counter, and gave him a polite smile. He just nodded as I explored the store. I was getting less hopeful the longer I was in the store, and felt no pull on my magic. I decided to play my trump card, and walked back to the reptile section. Almost immediately I felt a pull, and followed it to a tank at the far left side of the room.

There is the tank was a medium sized black and white snake. It looked to be a blue krait, but the sized was wrong.  I looked at the description next to the tank and saw that is was a hybrid between a blue krait, and a boa constrictor. The little plate also said the snake was male, and would grow to about 10 or 11 feet long. It was obvious that this was my familiar, so I did the most reasonable thing, and decided to speak to him.