Dumb-as-a-door

Parseltongue
Thoughts

The sound of Hedwig hooting woke Harry up the next morning.

"What's wrong girl," I asked as I sat up to stretch. She just nipped at my hand, and I realized she was probably hungry.
  "Sorry Hed," I said while opening the window to let her out.

  After I let her out I summoned a few mice for Loki. After that I opened the box, and grabbed my mom and dad's letters. I decided to start with my mom's first.

Harry my darling son,
If you are reading this, it means Dumbledore has killed us. Your father and I are sorry we couldn't be there to watch you grow up. We know that you will turn out to be a great wizard and it pains me to know that I won't be there to see it. I will love you always and forever. Whatever you decide to do, whatever side you choose know that your father and I will always love you, and are very proud of you. But whatever you do please stay away from Dumbledore he is the truly evil one. I love you, goodbye darling.
      Sincerely,
  Lilly Evans, your mom.

I desperately tried to hold back that were building behind my eyes, crying would do me no good at the current moment. I took a deep breath and picked up my father's letter.

Harry my son,
  Son if you are reading this, Dumbledore found us and killed us. I am sorry for not being able to watch you grow up. Your mother and I love you more than words can express. Always remember that, and you better not think this is your fault. Dumbledore is truly evil, and needed power. I know you will grow up to be a great man. Be whoever you want to be, align yourself with whichever side you see fit, and live your life to the fullest.
      Sincerely,
  James Potter, your dad.

The tear flowed down my face silently as I sat on my bed in shock. They knew, my parents knew Dumbledore was the bad guy. How did Voldemort get pulled into the picture? There is only one way to find out, I thought as I set the letters on my bedside table and headed to the desk in my room. I sat down at the desk and pulled out a length of parchment paper, a quill, and ink, time to find out how this cluster fuck began. 

                                     ~time skip brought to you by Nagini being majestic~

Two hours had passed since Hedwig had come back, and I sent her to deliver the message to the Dark Lord. In that time I had moved t my dad's study, and I was debating on writing a letter to Draco, or meeting him in person. It would be easier if we met in person, but the chances of him trusting me are slim to none. But writing a letter also had it's drawbacks, because it is hard to convey emotions in a letter, I have no idea what I am going to do.

                                                      ~With Hedwig and the Dark Lord~

Voldy{POV} 

Idiots all of them,  I thought as I made it back to my office. The lower death eaters act as if they have no idea what they are doing. How hard is it to do a simple task, and then report the outcome at a meeting. I sighed as I made it to my desk, and just as I sat down, a snowy owl glided into my room, a letter attached to its leg. The owl landed gracefully and stuck its leg out, and just stared at me. Odd behavior for an owl, but what can I do, I grabbed the letter, and the owl relaxed its leg and continued staring at me. Another sigh escaped my lips as I unrolled the parchment. 

Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle/The Dark Lord/He who has too many names,

       I suppose an introduction is due, Hello I'm Harry Potter, the boy who refused to die. I am aware how odd it must be for me to be writing you, but I assure you there is a good reason. It has come to my  attention in the past few days that my life has been a lie. Everything I have been told up to this point has been utter bullshit. I am sure you can imagine the shocking realization that Dumbledore the old goat is a evil manipulative bastard. I suppose I shouldn't be too shocked, no one can be as influential, and exalted as the great Albus Dumbledore without some tricks up their sleeves. However at the moment that is not my concern, I simply wish to set up a meeting so I can explain what has happened since my 15th birthday. However, if all of this seems to good to be true, or far-fetched just shoo Hedwig away. I plead to you do not harm her, I consider her family, and I would hate to have to hurt you over an owl. But again that is not the point, have a nice day, respond if you wish or don't, it would be nice if you did, but I am sure I can manage without you. 

         Sincerely, the Potter Brat. 

The owl on my desk seemed to be waiting for my decision, I must admit this is a very interesting situation.Potter seems to think he could hurt me ha, interesting boy indeed. What's the harm in writing the brat back, it seems he found out the truth. I pulled out a strip of parchment and wrote back an answer. The owl...Hedwig watched me intently as I finished up the letter, and cast a few charms to prevent tracking, just in case. Hedwig thrust her leg out and I gently tied the letter to her leg, and watched as she flew out the window, and to wherever Potter was hiding. This will turn out to be an interesting turn of events, now to wait.

~Harry{POV}~

I had decided that writing a letter to Draco was the best idea, I just needed to wait for Hedwig to come back before I started on that. In the mean time I decided to find out what had to happen for Loki to fully become my familiar.

It is rather simple on your part, albeit very painful, he remarked after I asked what had to happen.

Loki that doesn't tell me anything,he seemed to laugh before continuing his explanation.

 Well you see, I have to bite you, and inject some venom into your blood stream, for me to bond as your familiar, he said nonchalantly. I laughed, not because I didn't believe him, but because he was right, simple but painful. 

What are the side effects?

Well you will more than likely pass out, how long depends on the size of your magical core. You will also have a mark of some sort to represent your familiar wherever I bite you. 

Seems reasonable I suppose, I said as I sat on my bed, go ahead.

Loki seemed to contemplate before slithering up to my shoulders, and sinking his teeth into the spot above my collarbone close to my neck. Suddenly white hot pain ran through my body. It felt like lava was running through my veins instead of blood. It took every fiber in my body not to scream bloody murder. I saw black dots, and then nothing as I fell unconscious.

At least Loki warned me that I would pass out I guess. 

                                                         ~two and a half hours later~ 

 I slowly opened my eyes to see Loki not even three inches from my face, I was surprised when I didn't feel any of the white hot pain that coursed through my veins before I passed out.

You're awake.

Yes Loki I am, how long was I out?

Eh about two and a half hours, I'm surprised I assumed it would be longer, you're stronger than I thought.

Uh huh, thanks I suppose, well let me up so I can see this mark. He moved back to curl on my shoulders so I could get up. I walked to the bathroom, and peered in the mirror, and smiled wickedly.

Oh this is fantastic, I said with the same smile.

Good, I thought you would be upset

Far from it Loki, far from it, now to see if Hedwig was back.

Comment

Share

Vote

See you later my dudes.